He kept saying his head 'pain pain'

Zakuii

Such stup*d parents to leave their children in the hands of the maid. Now a young life is lost. these parents should be charge for negligence.

The Electric New Paper :

He kept saying his head 'pain pain'

Police question former maid

HE was a bubbly and active little boy until three months ago.

25 September 2007

HE was a bubbly and active little boy until three months ago.

Then, 19-month-old Zeng Yongxuan suddenly became withdrawn.

He also frequently complained to his mum that his head hurt.

His mother knew something was 'not right' when she found bruises all over her son. She also has a five-year-old daughter.

When she checked with her maid, she was told that the boy was playful and had fallen down and hurt himself.

But little Yongxuan's complaints continued, so Mrs Zeng took him to the hospital for a checkup on 22 Jul, where he was warded for two days for a viral infection.

Doctors told his mother he had to be kept under observation.

ANOTHER ATTACK

Then on 31 Jul, Yongxuan suffered an epilepsy attack while taking his afternoon nap and was rushed to the same hospital.

Doctors found two blood clots in his brain and operated on him.

After that, the little boy lapsed into a coma. He died two weeks later.

The police are investigating the matter, classifying his death as one due to 'unnatural' causes.

They said they interviewed the maid and she is helping with investigations.

Yongxuan's mother, who gave her name only as Mrs Zeng, told Shin Min Daily News that after giving birth to the boy, she had hired the maid to look after her youngest child.

She said: 'I found a job in March this year, so I left Yongxuan in her care.

BRUISED ALL OVER

'But not long after, I found my son having bruises on his body. My heart ached when I saw them.'

Her maid, she said, would only tell her that Yongxuan was very playful and would jump up and down while playing at home.

'The maid said his bruises were a result of his frequent falls while playing. I then told her to be careful while taking care of him.'

But sometime in July, Mrs Zeng found the usually bubbly boy had become reticent and withdrawn. She recalled: 'He would tell me that his head 'pain pain' and he appeared to be in agony.'

On the day of the epilepsy attack, Mrs Zeng said the maid called her and her husband, and they rushed the boy to the hospital, where he died two weeks later without waking from his post-surgery coma.

Shin Min Daily News reported that the hospital then made a police report.

It did not mention the name of the hospital.

Mrs Zeng said she sent the maid back to the maid agency after Yongxuan's death.

She still has no clue though, as to how her son got his injuries. 'I heard from my neighbours that while my husband and I were at work, the maid would sometimes slip out of the house and leave my son alone at home.

'They also told me that they often heard my maid scolding my son at the top of her voice. The scolding would then be followed by Yongxuan's loud cries.'

The boy's father also told Shin Min Daily News that he would sometimes return home early to check on his son and the maid, but found nothing unusual.

He added: 'We even thought of having a CCTV camera installed at home... but everything is too late now.'

OBEDIENT BOY

Mrs Zeng said Yongxuan was an active boy, and he was articulate and obedient.

'He loved to eat curry and durians,' she said.

Now, the house has become quiet without him.

Madam Zeng said: 'His 5-year-old sis misses him a lot. She asks me now and then if her little brother has 'woken up'.

'I can't bring myself to tell her that she will never see him again.'

↡ Advertisement

yah yah very dangerous man!

i also scared.....i got my mum in to stay with me to watch over the maid and the kids

since she does not have a job

when my mum goes home on weekends to do her own stuff, i get my dad to come play with the kids and act as an extra pair of eyes

it is a good thing to have grand parents! [thumbsup]

That's one dumb parent... trusts the maid too much even after the boy complained to her. The boy is only 19 months.

That's the sad truth. Everywhere u go now, u see some parents over-reliant on maids. The mothers behave like divas and leave the care of the younger child to the maid. These people will only regret it if something like this happens.

That's why im sending my baby daughter to my parents or wife's parents once she gives birth. Very hard to trust external people.

Edited by Mdfaz

For 3 months, the parents didn't take any action....

How can you leave your kid in the hand of a stranger you barely knew....

Please take this as a reminder to all parents. Remember, kids will not lie at very young age, if they cry or complain of pain, please please bring them to a doctor.

I wonder if they will get anything out of the maid..

its common to see young couple just let their maid take care of the baby, when you see them handle the toddler in shopping mall, you can tell how 'responsible' these young parents are [shakehead][shakehead].

btw, this topic shld be under lite & easy (not lite though [smallcry] )

Edited by Jman888

I not as lucky as you, my little ger has to be sent to the childcare when she was 18 mths old. Although she is more prone to sickness now, she is at least safer and enjoying herself with dance, songs in school.

i really count myself lucky....

when i was a kid, whole day cling unto to pa pa and ma ma [grouphug]

when become teenager, ask pa pa and ma ma to go away [shakehead]

when started working, treat home like hotel [blush]

when got married, buy house far away from parents [confused]

when got kids, whole day choe choe my parents to come stay with me to play and take care of kids [sunny]

i better treasure the time i have with my kids before they turn 12. like my boss say: during this time, they will cling onto you. but when they turn 12, they become somewhat different

For 3 months, the parents didn't take any action....

How can you leave your kid in the hand of a stranger you barely knew....

Please take this as a reminder to all parents. Remember, kids will not lie at very young age, if they cry or complain of pain, please please bring them to a doctor.

I wonder if they will get anything out of the maid..

i suspect the maid may have hit kid with some hard objects. When kids say "pain pain" often, it is more than often no joke - pls take it seriously.

I feel very sad and heartache. I myself have 2 children, the elder is 4 yrs old and the youngest is just 1 yr old recently. I cannot imagine leaving them alone to a maid. There are so many abuse by maid examples in the past yet these parents either are ignorant or choose to ignore the risk.

May the child lead a better life in his next life.

bro..u really say my heart out. I really miss the goodie old times when with my parents. even teenager, i often go with mum to market. I guess we must treasure times now we have with kids...else after 12 yrs old, they say "sorry need to go out with frenz"

↡ Advertisement