In SG, the most right lane is for cruising or overtaking?

Quantum

Extreme right lane is for overtaking [nod][nod][nod] and not for cruising [:|]

If rear vehicle is zooming at a faster speed than you, please let him/her pass [nod][nod][nod]

They might be rushing to an emergency [nod][nod][nod]

Wanna cruise, use the other lanes [:)]

In this case, the rear vehicle has already flashed his headlight at her and yet she is still holding the lane up [:|]

This type of inconsiderate road user still dare to write in and complain to the press [hur][hur][hur]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

If u cruise on right lane at 90km/h and block cars behind who wanna go pass u, TP can fine u for road hogging. If u go faster than 90km/h, TP can fine u for speeding. [:)]

So in SG, TP always win.. [laugh]

Bl**dy road hogger who thinks she is doing the right thing. I think LTA or TP needs to send all drivers for exams and re-issue driving license only to those who pass the exam.

no lah that time polis already come out and say that if you are travelling close to 90, they wont book you for road hogging

law is law but practical world is another.

already the behind car seeking cooperation to overtake, [gorgeous] still [shakehead]

but the behind car also hiong lah.....jam brake to teach [gorgeous] a lesson

want to jam brake also must buy hummer first [idea]

Neutral Newbie

IMHO, if the road is clear, which is mentioned in the passage, the vehicle at the back can easily switch lane and then overtake her. By flashing his headlight and tailgating, he is trying to intimidate the vehicle in front.

this person really cannot make it leh... guess that's the problem with all this kok drivers, they drive selfishly yet don't realise it and can still complain abt others.... shakehead.gif

Neutral Newbie

Ermm....I personally experience, I overtook an Accord from centre lane @ 110km/h.

TP Rex suddenly appeared! Both of us slowed down but TP signal me to go ahead....hahaha sibei hengah!

But the suay Accord....kenna pulled over...(Well he deserved it).

EA

no leh, i support the woman driver.

if i go faster than 90km/h, the tp or camera can book me.

if everybody keep on high beaming, then all of them will treat that lane as their personal race track.

just keep to lane 2 or 3 and 90km/h and if any car want to overtake, they're all welcome to do that at lane 1. overtake must also keep within the speed limit of 90km/h.

if the road is clear, which is mentioned in the passage,

Then this charbor is road hogging IMHO [;)]

By flashing his headlight and tailgating, he is trying to intimidate the vehicle in front.

Yes, i have to agree that it is not nice to kena high beam or tailgate but one must reflect on one's action to why one kena this type of 'treatment' [nod][nod][nod]

The rear vehicle could have overtake her by using the middle lane but generally, most will cheong on the extreme right lane switching to high beam, using their right signal indicator to request the front vehicle to move aside [;)]

But the rear vehicle is in wrong in this case to jam his brakes after he has overtaken this road hogger [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Both are equally [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Most replies here speak out against the hogger, but few say anything about the guy who jam break on lane 1. So can i assume jam break on lane 1 on purpose is generally an acceptable action in SG, especially when used against hoggers? [laugh]

Edited by Sgnick

last week i was drivin my cousin's car to help him fix some stuff.

some ass-hole jam brake on lane 1 on PIE, f**kin chain collision.. tamade.. heng my cousin got good tyres if not i hoong kan liao..

and heng the taxi behind me alert.

aniway, my opinion on lane 1, if u wanna cruise, make sure u are faster than the guy behind u.. hahaha

u can cruise at 180km/h, i don tink u'll be hoggin the lane if pple's average speed on lane one is like 120 like that (for those who wanna go fast).. hahaha..

for me, if i see a car comin fast from behind me,i'll signal and quickly change lane..

Hiaz jus overtake and move on with life lor...wats the big deal at the end of the day. Our car is just a fraction of the entire car porpulation is Spore and most of them are hoggers. Wat to do besides move on... [shakehead]