Mazda Rx-8

Srt911

Neutral Newbie

Hi fellow MCFers, need your help in this matter. I am intending to get a '04 Mazda RX-8. U know, to enjoy a coupe while still The details are as follows:

Price: $73000

Mileage: 56000km

COE: $27500

OMV: $37600

Lets assume $5k downpayment and 5 yr loan @ 2.98%. As I will only be driving it for 2yrs or so, can I break even by then? Is it worthwhile to buy?

And what are the things to look out for as the RX-8 is running on the rotary engine? I know that constant checking of engine oil is one.

Thanks!!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

As I will be only be driving for ard 2 yrs, thats why I dun wanna get a new one. I know the FC for this car is high but that is negligible.

just curious, how you determine $65k as a reasonable price? Can show the calculations coz I always dunno how to calculate what is supposed to be reasonable price...

How would you count the cycles?

once around for a wankel= 2 cycles of a 4-stroke engine? right?

So, shouldn't that be x 2, not x 3.......

Unless you consider the fact that for a wankel engine, in a single turn, there is 3 cycles (all 3 "cylinders" per side are going to go through the combustion cycle within 1 turn (in different phases of course)...

wankel.gif

The total swept volume of both rotors (650cc x 2 = 1.3 liters), should be multiplied by three to match the potential power output from the three near-simultaneous power strokes (when compared to a piston engine).

And then x 2 once again, since it takes 2 complete rotations of the crank to get a typical 4-stroke engine to go through the full combustion cycle...

So that means x 6 (so 1.3L x 6 = 7.8L)

No wonder RX7 and RX8 use up as much petrol as a Ferrari....

Edited by Presea

That RX8 paper value is already close to $49k I think.

Depending on what is the export value of a 3 year old + a very reasonable profit for the dealer, for coming up with the cash up front + holding the car while it is waiting to be re-sold, that should be the price one should pay for the ride.

Neutral Newbie

on another note, any idea if this is a more worth while deal?

DC5R Jan03

OMV $32k

COE $22k

Body $13k

Willing to sell at ard $58k

[shocked]

↡ Advertisement