Hua Hin info

Freestylers09

why not rent a car and drive south? prachuap kiri khan has quite a long water front. Can explore, esp if staying 2 nites.

http://www.prachuapkhirikhan.org/thailand-cutest-monkeys-prachuap/

not too sure abt the feeding part but these monkeys very cute n tame. I spent quite a bit of time (more than planned) observing them up close.

yes that area has many interesting attraction especially the cave.  Monkey i am not too sure as some can be quite aggressive. 

Rent a car and drive.

U will need a car to visit the various places of interest like theme park, outlet mall, night market, malls and temples if you interested. Also the vineyard that @tohto mentioned that i never visit.

Its a nice family-friendly area. Spend at least 2 nights there. Seafood is cheaper there, remember to order the giant prawns. Fish also cheap, standard price, not by weight.

like you i am trying to convince my wife to let me drive .......   [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

yes that area has many interesting attraction especially the cave. Monkey i am not too sure as some can be quite aggressive.

like you i am trying to convince my wife to let me drive ....... [sweatdrop]

Get a car from BKK airport. Driving there is relative easy. Just use phone Google map. Most of the drive is on highway. Only in Huahin city center more crowded.
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

ok ok i hear u all, my wife say 'if you are confident lor !'   [laugh]

safe la,

in fact, its much easier to drive in Thailand as compare to SG..

old man like me have already done it, my next drive will be khao yao 2019 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

yes that area has many interesting attraction especially the cave.  Monkey i am not too sure as some can be quite aggressive. 

yup lots of places to explore in that vicinity. U can even go to http://gothailandgoasean.tourismthailand.org/station-singkhon-border-market-thailand-myanmar/ if you have time to spare. It's 120km from Hua Hin

yes some monkeys are aggressive but this particular breed seems very chill n "tame".

ahh I found the site I was initially looking for https://www.travelandwildlifephotography.com/dusky-monkeys/

GPGT - this is a pic I took personally with a hp. No zoom/edit

post-111352-0-20499800-1529490987_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Rent a car and drive.

U will need a car to visit the various places of interest like theme park, outlet mall, night market, malls and temples if you interested. Also the vineyard that @tohto mentioned that i never visit.

Its a nice family-friendly area. Spend at least 2 nights there. Seafood is cheaper there, remember to order the giant prawns. Fish also cheap, standard price, not by weight.

Just came back from there.

I didn't rent a car from BKK to driver to Hua Hin but rented one in Hua Hin to drive around, $90 for 2 day. It was raining most of the time only get to visit the 1000 Sook Food and Farm, Premium outlet, Santorini, Cicada Market,  Artist Village, Wat Huay Mongkol, Mercado de Plearnwan, both Bluport mall and Market Village mall. I stayed in the town area one street away from the Hua Hin night market.

Seafood not exactly cheap where i had the 950gm lobster, 3 giant prawn, kangkong, crab omelette, FOC fried rice, few coconuts drink for about $115. 

Get a car from BKK airport. Driving there is relative easy. Just use phone Google map. Most of the drive is on highway. Only in Huahin city center more crowded.

Driving out from airport to HH quite straight forward other than the first hour stuck in slow traffic, but going back to BKK town will be a nightmare. I used private taxi for both trips not exactly cheap but my wife dun want the stress (watching me drive was a stress to her)   [laugh]

• Praise 1

I didn't rent a car from BKK to driver to Hua Hin but rented one in Hua Hin to drive around, $90 for 2 day. It was raining most of the time only get to visit the 1000 Sook Food and Farm, Premium outlet, Santorini, Cicada Market, Artist Village, Wat Huay Mongkol, Mercado de Plearnwan, both Bluport mall and Market Village mall. I stayed in the town area one street away from the Hua Hin night market.

Seafood not exactly cheap where i had the 950gm lobster, 3 giant prawn, kangkong, crab omelette, FOC fried rice, few coconuts drink for about $115.

Driving out from airport to HH quite straight forward other than the first hour stuck in slow traffic, but going back to BKK town will be a nightmare. I used private taxi for both trips not exactly cheap but my wife dun want the stress (watching me drive was a stress to her) [laugh]

Wow. You visited so many places there.

The seafood price lools reasonable to me leh. If you eat the same thing in Phuket, you will pay almost double liao.

You should have driven back to BKK. No stress lah. Just go with the flow.

• Praise 1

you all think pattaya or phuket cheaper ar?

I think same same. Both equally expensive places.

Krabi will be cheaper than these two. Hua Hin is the cheapest among all these tourist beaches.

• Praise 1

I think same same. Both equally expensive places.

Krabi will be cheaper than these two. Hua Hin is the cheapest among all these tourist beaches.

hmm.. ok then i stick to pattaya... next time try hua hin....

the main purpose is actually fishing... going a few pay pond...

hmm.. ok then i stick to pattaya... next time try hua hin....

the main purpose is actually fishing... going a few pay pond...

Hua Hin is more peaceful, though there are also many ang mo tourist or residents (the car rental i got from run by ang mo), dun have a lively night life like Pattaya or Phuket, a more cultured place, maybe because the Royal stay here   [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hua Hin is more peaceful, though there are also many ang mo tourist or residents (the car rental i got from run by ang mo), dun have a lively night life like Pattaya or Phuket, a more cultured place, maybe because the Royal stay here   [laugh]

hmm... i don't like ang mo but pattaya seems more happening lol

hmm... i don't like ang mo but pattaya seems more happening lol

But Pattaya will be overcrowded with ang moh and ah Tiong. Those cina tour group go BKK will most also go there.

Hua Hin mostly F&E.

Edited by Tohto

But Pattaya will be overcrowded with ang moh and ah Tiong. Those cina tour group go BKK will most also go there.

Hua Hin mostly F&E.

haiz... ya lor.... but i staying at jomtien.. supposedly not as crowded and the place has beach view at good price... also near the few fishing locations i intend to go

On 10/9/2018 at 11:14 AM, Jman888 said:

I didn't rent a car from BKK to driver to Hua Hin but rented one in Hua Hin to drive around, $90 for 2 day. It was raining most of the time only get to visit the 1000 Sook Food and Farm, Premium outlet, Santorini, Cicada Market,  Artist Village, Wat Huay Mongkol, Mercado de Plearnwan, both Bluport mall and Market Village mall. I stayed in the town area one street away from the Hua Hin night market.

Driving out from airport to HH quite straight forward other than the first hour stuck in slow traffic, but going back to BKK town will be a nightmare. I used private taxi for both trips not exactly cheap but my wife dun want the stress (watching me drive was a stress to her)   [laugh]

What if i only want to drive from BKK to Hua Hin? I don't really want to drive into BKK with their traffic. 

The drive to HH is 3-4 hrs from airport?

Edited by Lala81

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

What if i only want to drive from BKK to Hua Hin? I don't really want to drive into BKK with their traffic. 

Yes, take me about 4 hour to drive from BKK airport, including stop over for lunch.

30 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

there will still be some jam from airport but after town area will be smooth all the way, but dun go on fri/sat cos the jam to hua hin will be quite bad as city people all heading there.

↡ Advertisement