Car battery for Tucson

Winniethepooh

hi everyone

my poor tucson refused to start up yesterday [:(] got jumpstarted by a guy from star motors. he says i should change the battery and quoted $260 for an amaron maintenance free battery. my car agent says this is too expensive. the star guy says cheaper model will not sit in the space properly. so decided to ask around first before changing. anyway, my car seems to be working fine now. is the battery really weak? or was yesterday's "flat" just a freak incidence?

what brand of car battery is suitable for tucson? how much does it cost? would appreciate all you sifus' recommendations. thanks in advance! [:)]

↡ Advertisement

alternatively get the 'normal' battery and check the battery water mthly. Probably need to top up only after a year of usage and then change the battery every 2 year.

If the workshop is competent, a slight modification can be made to fit a battery that is similar to the original. Cost is definately less than the MF battery

Cheers

Brand of batt is not significant.

Maintenance-free or otherwise is a matter of preference.

More important the rating. At least a 60AH I reckon.

And the footprint. Design of batt compartment varies.

>$200 is exhorbitant. Drive into any Comfort-Delgro

workshop for help. Prices are reasonable.

hehe.. first time i see someone trying to fit the batt to the size of that batt compartment...

its no relation lah.

as long as the ratings are the same, you can use similar batts. it doesn't matter.

normal batt will set you back around $120.. not $260.

if its 260.. go get deep discharge ones

I got the amaron batt at stamford for $112.

Price is more than double, maybe it's a bigger amp batt.

i understand there are several stamford shops. any near cck?

my car is about 2.5 years. have never changed the battery before. is it about time??? some friends say about time. some said their lasted at least 3 years!! [shocked]

thanks everyone for your feedback [:)]

glad i did not get the battery from the star auto guy [laugh]

for the past few days, my baby has started up just fine [:)] so will probably delay until it fails again [sweatdrop]

of course will not call star auto again (if i call them, it will be to [furious])

i totally agree. wats that extra 100dollars for tat peace of mind?

imagine u go for company DND, do u wan ur tucson to fail u suddenly in the middle of the night?

its aready 2.5 years. ur friends can tell u theirs lasted 3years. for that 6months more/100dollars more, u wan to gamble with great inconvenience?

and plus u drive a tucson tat most probably drinks petrol. i believe that 100dollars is just a one-time full tank pump at the station.

think about it.

Hi, $260 for the battery is way too expensive. Can buy 3 cheap cheap type. ( but no I dont recommend buying cheap cheap type ).

1) Size - All battery same size. Where got such reason a diff brand cheaper does not fit properly as they are build to fit all automobiles.

2) Price - If you are still worry, get a diff quote for the same brand at diff place. The reasonale price should not be more than $130.

3) Shelf life - Lastly, those maintenance free battery usually last for about 1 year. Old fashion water type last longer, but need to consistantly check for the water level.

Some mentions, if you bought from Hyundai direct, you should call their 24 service for help if still under warranty. My Matrix batt flat, call their 24 hr service, they came within 3 hours & change a new batt for free.

Peace Bro [angel]

↡ Advertisement