Cars wif low fuel comsumption in singapore

Sash1401

hi bros... would like to find out tat wat r the models of cars tat pple drive in singapre wif low fuel consumption?

↡ Advertisement

curerntly short listing for some models wif low FC, any suggestion? my first choice is actually swift followed by sirion den getz... wat do u think?

Quite a lot. General guide is

1)the smaller the engine

2)the lighter the car

3)the newer the engine

the better fuel consumption it should have. Technologies like CVT transmission also play a part.

Most importantly, don't look at fuel consumption alone, as the difference in dollar terms may be smaller than you think, esp when comparing among cars in the same class.

Neutral Newbie

Lower CC = better FC except for the following:

RX8 - 1.3l but FC is very high

Last time I owned the old Civic SiR (1.6 auto) and the FC was far worse than my following car, Alfa 156 (2.0).

Sometimes smaller engines work harder to get you from pt A to B, therefore burn more fuel.

My Kelisa 1.0 Manual returns an average of 17.3km/l with 60/40 highway/city driving, cruising speed around 85-95km/h. Best I ever got out of it was 20.1km/l, driving like an ah pek, air-con off all the time.

But my compromises are ;

- lack of interior space cos small car

- lack of high speed stability cos too light

- lack of safety features like airbags, ABS cos budget car

- lack of low-end torque cos small capacity engine (highway overtaking always requires a downshift, sometimes from 5th to 3rd)

So like some bros have already pointed out, good FC is all relative to what your requirements are. If you need a 7-seater MPV, then to you, good FC may be 10-12km/l. If you're looking at a saloon like the Vios or Altis kind of size, then good FC may be 13-14km/l. If looking at a sporty car like a WRX or MR-S etc, perhaps 9-11km/l will be considered good.

Engine capacity, load-carrying ability & intended purpose (off-roader, sports sedan etc) of the car are other factors to consider when looking at FC figures.

The Getz is definitely not known for being economical. Think the Swift is also only average, unless the new 1.2 version has improved. The Sirion should be quite ok.

Honda Jazz/ City IDSI

Hyundai Getz/ Verna

Toyota Vios

Misubishi Colt Plus

not all small cars r good FC,

my friend's LATIO iz example.

Neutral Newbie
hi bros... would like to find out tat wat r the models of cars tat pple drive in singapre wif low fuel consumption?

Honda jazzy and fit. ard 17-21km/L

I missed those days when someone will come in and fill up sarcastic remarks about QQ's FC being 24km/l... in bold red.

[reply]

The Getz is definitely not known for being economical. Think the Swift is also only average, unless the new 1.2 version has improved. The Sirion should be quite ok.

Hi there,

I agree with you that siron has very good fc. I have a friend that drives a siron and gets almost 20 km/l all the time.

However, he drives with the windows up, aircon off, radio off, never past 70km/hr even on highway and never lets his engine idle unnessarily (dun be a kockonathan and reply saying that he turns off his engine at a red light....)

However, i have to disagree with u abt getz. I am driving a 1.6m for coming 3 yrs and on good months when i am not so moody, i can get almost 16km/l and i am a little heavy footed.

Anyway, this is my two cents. Not meant to flame anyone... Heehee sweatdrop.gif

Good luck in choosing ur new ride

Neutral Newbie
Honda Jazz/ City IDSI

Hyundai Getz/ Verna

Toyota Vios

Misubishi Colt Plus

not all small cars r good FC,

my friend's LATIO iz example.

Hi, I would like to correct this... i'm driving a latio (CVT) and i'm getting 14 -15 km/l, so i dun think latio FC is bad.

FC also depend on gear transmission. Generally, manual gear gives better FC.

Last but not least, control of the right foot is very important too....

jus my half cents worth... (",)

This kind of FC debate is never ending one lah. Maybe his friend does a lot of city driving, carry a lot of passengers/barang barang, like to drive on deflated tires, like to use V-power etc etc. [sly][:p][laugh]

Different individual also got different perceptions of how good/bad on FC. [:|]

No matter what the title is, as long got the words 'FC'. The same debate and same cars will pop up. [sleeping][sleeping][sleeping]

as a guideline: the lower the cc of the car, the beter its FC will be.

not true lei, its power to weight ratio also

getz lower fc than say vios ?

picanto drinks more than vios and its only 1.1

But FC also cannot look at power-to-weight alone.

If not, why kelisa or city(not so gd pwr-to-wgt) can win vios in FC?

picanto drinks more than vios?

If picanto(manual), I'd think it will not lose to vios(manual).

If picanto(auto), maybe but not by much, isn't it?

latio. Ave FC is 10.5km/L for the past 5 months.

I often drives with the windows open a bit, aircon off, radio off, shift to neutral before red light, and extreme slow pick up. very light foot.

my 2 cents:

Stay away from this bloody drinker unless you run on highway most often for very long distance.

Is the "80% city driving" the only thing to blame?

what about other cars under the same situation?

↡ Advertisement