Bali or Phuket Trip?

Ccjna

Anybody been to Bali or Phuket recently? Can recommend which place is better? Intend to go for a 4D3N wif my frens during Dec 07. Pls advise on the hotel or resort to stay as well. [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Been to both.

I prefer Phuket to Bali. Also, Dec is the best time to go to Phuket, great weather.

BALI

-----

Go Bali if you like to shop, see cultural Balinese temples, Balinese dances, Balinese crafts, etc. The beaches there is for surfing, big waves, not really good for snorkelling.

Hotel: I stayed at http://www.holidaycity.com/green-garden-bali/index.htm

Cheap and great location, but should be used only as a place to sleep at night, the room, pool, breakfast not up to standard

PHUKET

-------

Go Phuket if you like white sandy beaches with calm water so clear you can see the fishes beneath, if u enjoy snorkelling with fishes, kayaking into sea caves, visiting the many islands with beautiful beaches, etc.

Hotel: I stayed at http://www.theroyalpalm.com/

Cheap and great location, but should be used only as a place to sleep at night, the room and pool not up to standard, but the in-house spa/massage is cheap and good

Edited by Sgnick

Thks for ur recommendation.

Do u thk 3D2N is enough? For both places, is Tiger or Jetstar airline r available to go there? Any idea?

Btw, wanna check wif u here.

Last time, u went to both places. How much did u pay for? Which airline did u take?

I was thking of gtg either on 21st or 28th Dec for a few days. What do u thk? Do u thk that the sub charge will be very expensive due to public holidays? Pls advise. [;)]

Many hotels charge compulsory "special" christmas or new year dinner, so ask first before u book the hotel, these dinners are not cheap.

I took Tiger and Jetstar to Phuket and Garuda to Bali.

I always book airline and hotel myself and always 2 person travelling, so Phuket is almost $500 per pax, I think Bali also about the same.

Right now, my frens & i r discussing whether to go or nt cos it is under peak season during Dec & may costs more den $500. [shocked] One of them was telling me that if the F&E trip is more expensive, den we will take the package one. No choice lor... [smallcry] If like that, it won't be worth to go liao. [bigcry]

Stay in Ubud in Bali. Nice resort, afternoon tea with kueh and breakfast everyday. Go for a swim in the pool, massage, watch the day go by, hear the stream flowing and see the large field of padi......this is life.

In Phuket, check into Banyan Tree, get a pool villa, and you can enjoy your own private pool....all day and all night. Go for the massage, and while the day away in their private beach, no hawkers, no disturbance. The buffet breakfast is good, honey from slab of honeycomb, sweet mango with sticky rice, and many more stuff.

Jetstar to Phuket for 2 = <$500

Hotel for twin x 3 nights = <$400

Each person <$450

All share cab airport to hotel and back, plus phuket airport tax, each total around <$500

I was in Bali one month before the 2nd bombing, I was in Phuket 1 day before the Tsunami, and in Bangkok on the night of the new year bombing, so ... yeah, it's safe as long as u r not the victim. [angel]

Right now, my frens & i r discussing whether to go or nt cos it is under peak season during Dec & may costs more den $500. [shocked] One of them was telling me that if the F&E trip is more expensive, den we will take the package one. No choice lor... [smallcry] If like that, it won't be worth to go liao. [bigcry]

off peak period definitely cheaper. some agency will even offered 1-2 nites free

↡ Advertisement