Tinting the front windscreen

Macrosszero

I want to add a 10cm strip of graduated tint to the top of my front windscreen - does anyone have recommendations where this can be done, and the price I should be expecting to pay?

↡ Advertisement

I suppose the average tinting shop with a range of tints for me to choose from would be good. Rather than the sort that rocks up at your HDB carpark in their mobile workshop armed with little more than hairdryers and penknives and one grade of tint material......

Anyway it has to be dark tint. I already have UV reflective window film.

how bout the sticker shop @ jalan kayu...heard can customised..

not sure whether still there or not..coz me asked from frens bout 2 yrs back...

but for mine..mine came free when me did window tints...coz my fren pestered and pestered them to lower the price..till they decided to give it to me for free tongue.gif

Supercharged

any cheap and good recommendation for main windscreen tint?

I just did a tint in jb..

50% light, don't feel good as it does not comply.

what is the cost like?

any cheap and good recommendation for main windscreen tint?

I just did a tint in jb..

50% light, don't feel good as it does not comply.

what is the cost like?

Main windscreen. Previously I did just for the main windscreen was just $120. I think it was market rate coz I Googled and asked a couple of shops for a quote. I did it at Ubi road 1 some audio shop. Blk 3007 I think....can't recall the shop's name.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Main windscreen. Previously I did just for the main windscreen was just $120. I think it was market rate coz I Googled and asked a couple of shops for a quote. I did it at Ubi road 1 some audio shop. Blk 3007 I think....can't recall the shop's name.

thanks for sharing.

LTA comply?

price inclusive of removal and new tint?

Can be done for $10 at Carfrenz at Turf City but non graduated type, single tone tint only.

Is this still valid?  or anyone know which other shop do this at low cost?

Is this still valid?  or anyone know which other shop do this at low cost?

I don't really have updated info on this, but am just thinking:

Low cost might not be the best choice (oh, and not necessarily high cost is best too). There are many different grades of films. Do yo want for privacy purpose only, or to block heat too? If privacy, then fewer things to consider, but blocking 25% is not much so don't expect much result.

If thinking of blocking heat too, then lots more to consider. Cheap ones could mean block little/no heat, so be careful about it.

Low cost might not be the best choice (oh, and not necessarily high cost is best too). There are many different grades of films. Do yo want for privacy purpose only, or to block heat too? If privacy, then fewer things to consider, but blocking 25% is not much so don't expect much result.

If thinking of blocking heat too, then lots more to consider. Cheap ones could mean block little/no heat, so be careful about it.

my car already have solar film.. just wanna add a dark strip across top of windscreen to cut glare from sun.. so heat blocking properties not really critical..

my car already have solar film.. just wanna add a dark strip across top of windscreen to cut glare from sun.. so heat blocking properties not really critical..

Carousell has someone doing this.  Go search "solar film". 

not expensive and has good reviews (i'm not earning anything from this)

Initially I wanted to do this, but realised my new car already comes with it.  So no need to do 

Supercharged

formally I was using hyper optic, really good even after using a few years.

main screen crack, hence had to change..

really regretted in changing to jb type, damn lousy and dark.

nothing close to hyper.

yes, always been using this method.

it's a good block out

formally I was using hyper optic, really good even after using a few years.

main screen crack, hence had to change..

really regretted in changing to jb type, damn lousy and dark.

nothing close to hyper.

yes, always been using this method.

it's a good block out

I think you mean Huper optik, which is known for being a solar film, not only for privacy.

Then if you value the film blocking heat (and not merely light), you should check carefully which one blocks the most. It makes a big difference if you have a good-grade solar film that blocks 99% Infra-Red rays, (not only 99% UV), or just light, which might fail LTA guidelines.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I think you mean Huper optik, which is known for being a solar film, not only for privacy.

Then if you value the film blocking heat (and not merely light), you should check carefully which one blocks the most. It makes a big difference if you have a good-grade solar film that blocks 99% Infra-Red rays, (not only 99% UV), or just light, which might fail LTA guidelines.

yeah, huper optic.

won it in a lucky draw, despair heat fast. 

my current, definitely fail inspection even though I just did the check 2 weeks back.

but it's really dark even for 50% light..

can't even see it well..

I really salute those who can go for more than 50%, how they can actually drive in such condition..

the one that I'm looking at now is:

Visible Light Transmittance (VLT) – 70 %

Visible Light Reflectance (VLR) – 10 %

Shading Co-efficient – 0.60

Ultra-violet Light Transmittance (ULT) – < 1 %

Infra-red (IR) heat rejection – >80 %

cost $120 for everything..

really penny wise, pound foolish..

yeah, huper optic.

won it in a lucky draw, despair heat fast. 

my current, definitely fail inspection even though I just did the check 2 weeks back.

but it's really dark even for 50% light..

can't even see it well..

I really salute those who can go for more than 50%, how they can actually drive in such condition..

the one that I'm looking at now is:

Visible Light Transmittance (VLT) – 70 %

Visible Light Reflectance (VLR) – 10 %

Shading Co-efficient – 0.60

Ultra-violet Light Transmittance (ULT) – < 1 %

Infra-red (IR) heat rejection – >80 %

cost $120 for everything..

really penny wise, pound foolish..

Actually, i was made to understand that getting the right solar film is v difficult.

Why?

Cos actually there is no standard to measure against when declaring or measuring any parameters, and there's no recognised body that sets and checks the standards declared.

So while we say see which one is block 99% UV, anybody can declare that, but nobody can verify what they claim.

So my way of selecting the film was quite un-scientific. I just used the feel of my hand: put it under the gadget with the yellow lamp and will feel hot. Then use a sample of the film to block. If straightaway not so hot, then passed. If still hot, forget it.

↡ Advertisement