MCF Impact on Driving Culture in Singapore

Qpik

Supercharged

With MCF being the leading car forum with the largest no. of members in Singapore, do you think it has influence (positive/negative) the road users here?

It has evolved from a place where pple can come in to exchange/learn more about technical aspects of their wheels to sharing the different driving experiences seasoned drivers have learnt.

I can see members having notions of the common sense driving tips/etiquette but I wonder how many really practise it.

With cars getting more affordable, either the quality of driving knowledge being imparted get diluted or drivers here have a whacko driving attitude when they are being the wheels, I read more and more complaints about acts that seems to get more & more common as compared to last time.

As such, it leaves me to wonder, how can the members here really make a change as unity is strength. Can we do something to change the driving culture? Can we practise common-sense driving in S'pore so that insurance companies, workshops do not profit at the expense of our pocket?

Therefore, on a Sunday morning, I start a provoking post for members to share on how we really can go about effecting some positive changes instead of forcing ourselves to put up with the increasing acts by reckless drivers. The way I see it, we can either continue to suppress our intolerance or really go about making an effort to drive the message across.

↡ Advertisement

MyCarForum would be the biggest online community, but it still is only a small slice of the entire driving population in Singapore.

Just taxis alone, there's so many of them out there and I dare say there's hardly a taxi driver who would dare reveal himself on these forums.

But I am all for a concerted campaign in whatever, be it using your signal indicators whenever you change lanes, to finding the best workshops and even convincing insurance companies to give us proper coverage on our cars rather than some half-assed coverage hardly worth the money we pay out every year.

I like how this forum is diverse, you have the petrolheads, you have the conti-siao and you have the family men with their MPVs, all with a unique point of view.

Approach with an open mind, and you learn a lot.

Supercharged

Never say die lah...

Like I say Unity is Strength..

All is need is combined efforts.

Supercharged

Precisely, MCF is a convergence for all type of vehicle owners.

If everyone make an effort, we can re-enforced certain driving etiquette to all the drivers regardless of the type of vehicle.

Highlight to SUV/MPV the problems a small/sedan car faced.

Correct mis-conceptions certain rule e.g. Right always has the Right of Way.

Share the appropriate actions to take when under certain conditions e.g. heavy storms etc.

As afterall, isn't a forum a place for sharing not just grousing/griping about bad drivers.

impact is very very very minimal... largest no of members, but i think active members number less than 100. 100 out of the whole total population of drivers... u do the maths...

dont underestimate MCF power leh ... i complained abt Avante silly ad, et voila, nvr see ad anymore ... MCF got magic power one ... dun pray pray .... sly.gif

not much bah...

there are quite a number of car clubs in sg...

think mcf is juz like one of the many..tongue.gif....

no offense to anyone..but this is wad me feeltongue.gif

Supercharged
laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I applaud your effort to post something like that.

If ppl in sg listens to u, I'll vote for u to become the next PM.

Sry I'm not pushing for pple to listen to me but to go about effecting positive changes cos at the end of the day 1 less accident on the road translates into 1 less statistic for insurance companies/workshop to profit at consumers' expense.

With the increasing no. of cars being rolled out on our roads, there will be an increase in accidents. Certain accidents are they say "ACCIDENT" but certain "MISHAP" are not.

By creating & pushing for driving awareness, we can prevent/minimise these "MISHAP" & to pass on the correct legacy.

OT a little bit, I prefer 4 legged dogs to do 2 legged ones.

Supercharged

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif no.. with the Regan Lee's case gives me hopes...

I'm not enlighted just kind of appalled at the kind of BS coming out fm drivers & seriously I wonder how the heck they get their licence in the first place.

Plus drivers here seems to hv selective memory. Choosing to remember rules that are in their favour. But totally erasing those rules that could make a difference of living to drive another day.

Go ahead & laugh.... for the true winners are insurance companies/workshop. Not even drivers who enjoyed lower premium due to NCD/COM.

Why? Cos all it takes is for a little jump in the statistics of accidents being reported to have the giants to call for increase.

Supercharged

Not really..

U know how typical Singaporeans are...

All it takes is for one to read this post & off he goes telling his kakis about this fella trying to go about effecting the driving culture in Singapore...

Don't you know..the true power is not really media (in Singapore context) but the typical trait of Singaporeans & that would be "gossip/kaypohness"..

To me, as long as more & more drivers start driving with common sense/road etiquette or whatever you termed it..as long as there's improvement ...my objectives would hv been achieved.

↡ Advertisement