Run Flat Tyres

Jeffrey

But if I not a AA member, is it worth it ?

bro, we hv the BMW roadside. Not needed actually. Summore, think if you sign the concierge some service, you get that svc too

unless u chng to run of the mill car, but some ins cos now provide too...so weigh it out lo

that said, if you noe someone who has AA membership, call them, they can be onsite to tow yoru car. i hv done that for a few buddies. Save them the $50 annual membership

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

that said, if you noe someone who has AA membership, call them, they can be onsite to tow yoru car. i hv done that for a few buddies. Save them the $50 annual membership

OK, OK..... I'll call you when I need a AA tow or tyre change. [:p][laugh]

my current had them on runflats stock, next change will be norm..

to be honest, this is the 1st time i will change tyres for a car, cos most times, the car dun last long, ie sold off before 2 yrs...lol

Hao lian again lah...

All the major manufacturers have some type of 24 hr Roadside Assist in SG so most of us would just call them up however I do agree that they could be of use if you encounter a puncture in Malaysia however the problem there is that because the tyres are bespoke, they will require repair by the manufacturer's mechanics which may be quite difficult to find especially if you drive a Merc, BMW, Audi etc...

Personally, I think I would prefer to just change a standard tyre myself.

Incidentally, I wonder how many of us even know how to change a tyre in an emergency?

Not many I guess and without wishing to sound too sexist, even fewer women!

bro, we hv the BMW roadside. Not needed actually. Summore, think if you sign the concierge some service, you get that svc too

unless u chng to run of the mill car, but some ins cos now provide too...so weigh it out lo

they clamp down a bit now

member need to sign off at the tow destination now not at the start , and alot outsource to island recovery now

member need to sign off at the tow destination now not at the start , and alot outsource to island recovery now

AAS also limit members to max 6 times per year for roadside assistance.

yes, that is correct. Members have to be there. All of the times i did for frends, i was onsite with them when truck arrived

yes, that is correct. Members have to be there. All of the times i did for frends, i was onsite with them when truck arrived

read carefully

now the tow truck driver will ask the member to be there at the START + END points of the tow

if u tow for friend, u have to follow to the workshop/end point to sign off also

with the 6 times max a yr, better just to keep it as a "family" use, friends can tell them go tow themselves unless u like being mr charity or very good buddy [dizzy]

Edited by Furrynadz

read carefully

now the tow truck driver will ask the member to be there at the START + END points of the tow

if u tow for friend, u have to follow to the workshop/end point to sign off also

with the 6 times max a yr, better just to keep it as a "family" use, friends can tell them go tow themselves unless u like being mr charity or very good buddy [dizzy]

i used tyre change/battery replacement for friends....tow oni for my own cars and yes, u follow to the end...

gd to know the new rules tho....

Guys, need some advise. I saw this thread posted long ago. I am on run flat tyres and was considering changing to non run flat.

Will it be better?

Yes more quiet ride and cheaper

But if u often go malaysia, runflat maybe a better option if u don't have spare tyre bay

Yes more quiet ride and cheaper

But if u often go malaysia, runflat maybe a better option if u don't have spare tyre bay

Thanks for the advise. Nope I don't often go Malaysia. Are there any other benefits to non run flat tyres?

Will there be a significant improvement in petrol consumption since non-run flat are lighter?

Also, I hear that bmws have tyre pressure monitoring systems that will alert the driver if the tyre pressure drops. If I change to non-run flat, will my car not notify me of this?

Appreciate the advise as I am a newbie at run flats.

Thanks for the advise. Nope I don't often go Malaysia. Are there any other benefits to non run flat tyres?

Will there be a significant improvement in petrol consumption since non-run flat are lighter?

Also, I hear that bmws have tyre pressure monitoring systems that will alert the driver if the tyre pressure drops. If I change to non-run flat, will my car not notify me of this?

Bmw Run Flat Indicator only warns if there's sudden drop in tyre pressure of one relative to others.

It won't give warning if there's slow loss (of one or all) over a period of time.

The indicator still works for non run flat tyres.

As for benefits, it's more for safety factor; reduced sudden loss of control if there's a sudden loss of tyre pressure, especially at high speeds.

Also, u still can drive 200-50 km distance@ speed of <80kph, depending on load.

For those who are very particular about comfort & quietness, run flats are not for u.

Can't give feedback on petrol consumption as I never bothered to monitor or calculate. I top up petrol when it's 1/4 tank in SG & 1/2 tank when in MY.

When you own & drive a Beemer, don' t let the fuel consumption bother u; just enjoy it!

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 3

more comfort and quiet ride

fc no diff

yes the monitoring system will still work with non run flat but u need to reset everytime u pump air

just get non run flat, i cant wait to change my current run flat tyre, too stiff ald lol

previous BM car sensor(ABS base) will alert you should any 1 of your tires pressure start to drop (said 5% drop)

They don't tell you which tire

new BM they using sensors base which can tell you exactly which tire pressure drop

After 2 year using RFT, i dump it for Michelin PSS.  Nvr look back again.

I used to drive once a mth into Malaysia.  No issue at all.

I have a sealant pump in the car for the inevitable.  Most of the time, i use the pump rather than petrol station.

↡ Advertisement