Develop homegrown talent first

Meecar

is this the general feeling among sillyporeans

unfortunately I do not have talent so as for me how to develop homegrown talent

when we compare sillypore scholarship to other countries scholarship for foreign talent, I am bias because I think other countries scholarship is damn difficult to even qualify

any bright ideas how to get a local scholarship

[:)]

http://news.asiaone.com/News/The%2BStraits...1013-29785.html

↡ Advertisement

Hmmmz... Go for traditional route for education.. Go JC, then local Uni. But make sure your memory is damn solid. rolleyes.gif Join grassroots/young PAP will definitely help. If born with elite spoon is the best bet. laugh.gif

I don't understand what you're asking. How to apply for scholarships in Singapore? There are lots of ads in the papers especially immediately before or after the 'A' level results are out. That's the general route students apply from.

There's certainly more scholarships on offer these days, for both local or foreign studies. Definitely more than my time 10 years ago [rolleyes] .

Nowadays, there are a lot of "contracts" masquerading as scholarships. Usually offered by MNCs, manufacturing industry, to secure manpower. They pay your uni fees for x number of years, and then you serve them back x number of years upon graduation. No promotion and no fast track - you just join as basic-level graduate engineer, and work your way just like anybody else. These so-called scholarships (contracts) are easier to get, if you're not too choosy about your first job.

Ya go thru the proper education channel, pri sec jc. Good result plus good CCA. Best of all, u must have rich parents. Local scholarship go to those who r rich n elites. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Develope so many talents also no use. Sg small island, no natural resources, not enough land.

Talents(home grown or not) got legs one, sure will run to else where. [laugh]

And maybe in the future we'll become a fishing village once again after our infrastructure crumbles. [laugh][laugh]

Learn how to become fisherman and catch your own fishes better. At least u won't be the first to starve.

Edited by Watwheels

when we compare sillypore scholarship to other countries scholarship for foreign talent, I am bias because I think other countries scholarship is damn difficult to even qualify

i think we should relook at sponsoring these so called foreign talent for studies. after all, there are more needy singaporeans who need the $ to study and who will work and stay in SG after that cos of family, friends.

1 uni education is not cheap. what is the criteria for giving these scholarships? apparently alot of FT in our unis too.

if OZ gives scholarships so freely, i would have packed my bags and left SG already... its so difficult to get scholarships in other countries. OZ is 1 example where citizenship pays. here in SG, i just dont feel that way. [thumbsdown]

Local Scholarship easy to but read the fine print about the bond, than decide if its worth it.

Peace Bro [angel]

Edited by Freemen

This is Singapore what. Our gahment treasure FT more than singaporeans. FT get scholarship, we get NS.

So many FTs on scholarship in sg, how many will be contributing here? Got chance, they will jump ship to another better country. SG passport got value leh. [shakehead][shakehead]

and the best part of it is we pay GST, tax, NS for these freeloaders. one can argue that they also pay tax. if thats the case, we should have scholarships too.

cant even give our own citizens e privilege? or are our students too dumb for their scholarships? in my days i can remember so many poly students say they got left out of uni not by choice but either $ or its a criteria to admit jc students 1st. kelong lah. [confused]

I got my scholarship when I was in the U

got to pay back everything because they would not allow me extend my stay outside Sillypore to complete my master degree

practically I paid back the entire cost of my education since primary one because they include a 10% interest charge for each year

anyway it seems strange that papa lee once asked everyone to spread their wings to other countries to learn and bring back talent

how to when you clipped our wings

sigh .... what a waste of talent

talent needs to be growth

in sillypore we often want instant this and istant that

that is why i guess we want instant talent and hence FT

in short we should not blame the FT but ourselves

we sillypore always so desparate to be NO 1 in everything

in the end may be we may kena sai

If you are book smart you get the scholarship

If you are really smart you use your brains to make money and forget about those crap.

The objective end result is the same - $$$ the route is different.

Hmmmz... Go for traditional route for education.. Go JC, then local Uni. But make sure your memory is damn solid. rolleyes.gif Join grassroots/young PAP will definitely help. If born with elite spoon is the best bet. laugh.gif

That's what being instilled in young kids - totally dumb

when my kid come into the world i will steer them away from those crap and throw him books on finance and investment...

↡ Advertisement