Toyota Allion

Stepper

This car is 稳重, may be after driving for a while you will become a more steady person :)

Anyway, CVT car feel quite different from normal auto car.

It has a "slippage" feeling when you first drive it, but you will get use to it after a while.

I am getting a bit 冲动 to buy this car now....... [inlove]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yeah I agree this car has a more luxury feel and hence should drive slow to enjoy the feel and not loooot all the way hahah! However, the pickup really does need some getting used to. The rest interested to buy, should go ahead....it's worth the money i feel. It's kinda like a feel good car haha

The slightly slower pick up is due to E-throttle and CVT.

For E-throttle this can be tackle easily, you just need to install a Pivot 3 Drive. Come and join the mu and you can test my car or a few others bros car with P3D.

The slightly slower pick up is due to E-throttle and CVT.

For E-throttle this can be tackle easily, you just need to install a Pivot 3 Drive. Come and join the mu and you can test my car or a few others bros car with P3D.

Does that work like the 'Sprint Booster'? My fren's got one installed on his Porsche Cayman, makes the engine rev up faster. If the Pivot one works in a similiar fashion, how does it compare to the aforementioned product in terms of effectiveness and cost?

Saw the thread on Allion club, am actually checking my schedule to see if I can join in, most likely can. Anyone else want to go here?

Bro, you should go to the meet-up man! See what the others have done to their rides and the possibilities for yours... [rolleyes]

I was intending to get the Axio but once I saw the interior of the Allion, I knew straightaway I had to get it. Haha :wub:

the interior is [thumbsup]. Very luxurious....

Does that work like the 'Sprint Booster'? My fren's got one installed on his Porsche Cayman, makes the engine rev up faster. If the Pivot one works in a similiar fashion, how does it compare to the aforementioned product in terms of effectiveness and cost?

Compare to sprint booster I will say it is better. Sprint booster you can't do any adjustment.

For P3D, there are 7 step sport mode, 5 step economy mode and normal mode.

Hi there , just a comment from an axio driver.

Personally having driven axio before i think Allion is a better car in terms of space and features. The extra premium paid is certainly worthwhile.

But my suggestion is to get 1.8 litres it is better than 1.8litre altis , it is almost 5k cheaper than 1.8 altis and 20k cheaper than camry... as that car is actually to the class of camry and i might consider it better than camry in terms of FC and whatever is found in camry you can also find it in allion.

From my p.i i was told that certain models can have GPS installed into the car internal and show on the display screen. It is something like what u can find in a BMW.

Edited by HengHeng88

You dont equate class/category to FC. The reverse isn't true also. Allion is the successor of Corona. Corona was meant to fit smack between Corolla and Camry. It was that way in the past and now that Allion is the renewed successor of Corona, you can be sure that the Japanese (who are ardent practitioners of price-differentiation) will ensure that it remains this way still.

At altis prices , assuming if u can get a toyota car which is of close to the class of camry , maybe like what you said it is in the middle of a corolla and camry ..

FC wise , i believe it is slightly better than altis .. in fact should be better by 1 or 2 FC as the weight is lighter and engine better tuned to city driving

Edited by HengHeng88

Axio and Allion FC are better than Altis because they use the 1500cc 1NZ-FE engine which is very frugal as compared to the 1600cc 3ZZ-FE. Both operate on different engine cycles.

Old G9 Corolla 1.6 version also had bad FC as it also used 3ZZ-FE.

FC wise I am getting +/- 14km/l with 16"rim on 40%HW/60city. I am quite heavy foot since I had Pivot 3 Drive mostly set to sport 7 mode.

Just change to 17"rim 2 weeks ago, now monitoring the FC

Edited by Tohto

Neutral Newbie

Perhaps we shouldn't be comparing the Allion against the Altis or Camry but against the Nissan Sylphy instead? Like the Allion, the Sylphy is between the Latio and Teana. As for the 1NZFE, that's a Vios engine right?

Perhaps we shouldn't be comparing the Allion against the Altis or Camry but against the Nissan Sylphy instead? Like the Allion, the Sylphy is between the Latio and Teana. As for the 1NZFE, that's a Vios engine right?

Nightfox, you arfe right.

Should be comparing with Sylphy.

Compare to sprint booster I will say it is better. Sprint booster you can't do any adjustment.

For P3D, there are 7 step sport mode, 5 step economy mode and normal mode.

Cool! Thanks for the info mate! I ask this for bro Nightfox who's a fren...any recommendation for workshop with good price to install this? How much will it cost plus installation? [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement