Toyota Allion

Stepper

After checking the specs for A15, I notice that the weight of the car is around 1200KG and BHP for the car is only 110bhp.

Guess it is kind of underpowered for A15, A18 will be a better choice.

↡ Advertisement

Guess whether good FC or not, it all depend on the driver's right foot and driving pattern whether it is more on highway or city driving.

You should not have good FC if you are more on city driving though you have a super Fuel Saving car.

Probably that is why Allion is good at FC as lesser horsepower will have good FC in return.

Frankly, Allion is too much overpriced and you are still getting drum brake for the rear no doubt that Allion is nicer looking compared to Altis so it is a tough decision.

Edited by Tas0577

Overpriced compare with ? Altis, Nissan Sunny, Mitsubishi Lancer, Mazda 3, Nissan Latio?

IMHO... all car in Singapore is OVERPRICED.....

at the end of day u lose 50 percent of your car price when u get the key.... Car is a huge liability...... How you look at it, how u analyze it, you still lost big.

What you can control is how much losses you can stomach....but car is emotional things lah...... it depends on your need, your want, affordability.

If I bought Altis... I die die will say Altis is good...If i buy Mazda3 i will say the same things. fyi i drove Mazda3 before. Pple say drinker, i said i top up in JB, so no problem.

So the most important things.... enjoy your ride lah.....

No, I was not comparing with other makes but same Toyota ranges like Axio as both cars are using same engines and their price are difference by so much.

http://app.lta.gov.sg/motoring_vo_omv.asp

Average OMV

Toyota Allion OMV $14,875

Toyota Axio 1.5X OMV $12,386

Toyota Axio 1.5X Manual OMV $11,788

Toyota Altis $16,784

Allion price is higher than Axio is because of different in OMV plus other stuff like its accessories......

Yes Allion OMV is lower than Altis.

BUT BUT Altis is Tomyam, Allion MIJ..... like I said it is a matter of preference.... at the end of the day......

Neutral Newbie

One thing is definitely true. Enjoy your drive when you get it. Don't need to think so much. There are pros and cons about each car for sure. For my case, I went for Altis coz of the good service by the person attending to me and also the higher OMV.

hahahaha i agree. Use to drive Mazda3. Love the car.... but at the end of the day that love will last maybe 3-4 years because after that change to another car..... then fall in love again.

Car is different with wife..... [pirate]

hi,

altis from borneo motors now at a promo price of $57,988, very good buy.

at the end of the day, tomyam or sushi, no diff, its still a toyota. toyota being number 1 in the world, will not b so stupid to spoil their reputation to produce a lower grade car from thailand, especially for singapore market whereby singaporeans are the most picky owners in the world and we have the most ex cars in the world too.

i guess allion now is more ex than altis, given the altis 1.6A $57,988 (OMV$16,700) vs allion 1.5 CVT $~63,000 (OMV $14,800)

so which is a better buy? smart clever singaporeans will know

[laugh]

It seem underpower on paper but seem like Allion can achieve far better FC than 08 Altis....now whether should I go for Allion or Altis...... [rolleyes]

Below information taken from sgcarmart. Base on these spec, Allion actually has a better power to weight ratio compare to Altis. Allion is using a more modern Super-CVTi gear box, while Altis still using an old 4spd auto. So I don't think Allion will be underpower when compare to Altis. The 08 Altis had a weight increase of almost 100kg comapre to the G9 version.

Altis:

Engine

Engine capacity 1,598 cc

Engine type 4 cylinder, In-line, 16-valve DOHC VVT-i

Compression ratio unknown

Bore x Stroke unknown

Power 107 bhp

Torque 145 Nm

Measurements

Dimensions (L x W x H) (4540 x 1760 x 1465)mm

Wheelbase 2,600mm

Min turning radius 5,300mm

Kerb weight 1,255kg

Fuel tank capacity 55L

Allion:

Engine

Engine capacity 1,496 cc

Engine type 4 cylinder DOHC 1.5L 1NZ-FE VVT-i

Compression ratio 10.5

Bore x Stroke (75.0 x 84.7 ) mm

Power 110 bhp

Torque 144 Nm

Measurements

Dimensions (L x W x H) (4565 x 1695 x 1475)mm

Wheelbase 2,700mm

Min turning radius 5,300mm

Kerb weight 1,220kg

Fuel tank capacity 60L

Cannot compare like that.

You need to drive both Allion and Altis to comment.

In terms of driving dynamics.. like 1 class apart. also, in terms of comform, 1 is 2700mm wheelbase, the other is only 2600mm. not talking about legroom bigger and comfort only... the handling are too far apart.

Quality wise, well, you got to see the differences.

hi,

altis from borneo motors now at a promo price of $57,988, very good buy.

at the end of the day, tomyam or sushi, no diff, its still a toyota. toyota being number 1 in the world, will not b so stupid to spoil their reputation to produce a lower grade car from thailand, especially for singapore market whereby singaporeans are the most picky owners in the world and we have the most ex cars in the world too.

i guess allion now is more ex than altis, given the altis 1.6A $57,988 (OMV$16,700) vs allion 1.5 CVT $~63,000 (OMV $14,800)

so which is a better buy? smart clever singaporeans will know

Let's not forget the looks.New Altis looks like sxxt.I'd rather the Allion anytime & yes there is definitely a differenec in the build quality of Thai & Jap cars.Seen & felt it myself.Anyway, the servicing cost for BM cars are ridiculous! My mum's camry's 20K service cost $400!! [thumbsdown]

$58k hahahahahaha good price.

I hope the people below show the same enthusiasm

http://www.xxxxxxx.com/pdb/cdr.php?pid=47...%3D39%26aso%3D0

The best quote

"Sorry, no more tom yam for me. I regretted choosing this model. Never had a bad transmission on my 13 yr old civic, never leak absorber before...first time i see a toyota shocks leak almost after 10k of use...no more toyota ever unless it jap..."

Totally agree......

AD more purchasing power, they will reduce price accordingly to the drop in COE prices.... PI more hesitant because they believe the COE will rebound. So many do not cut car prices as aggressively.

IMHO Allion price should be 61k rite now. I bought $65,988 COE $14.5k. COE now $9,500, so go figure out the price drop accordingly.....

Edited by Ticklish8

Totally agree......

AD more purchasing power, they will reduce price accordingly to the drop in COE prices.... PI more hesitant because they believe the COE will rebound. So many do not cut car prices as aggressively.

IMHO Allion price should be 61k rite now. I bought $65,988 COE $14.5k. COE now $9,500, so go figure out the price drop accordingly.....

guys any idea whats the price for the allion and premio right now?

↡ Advertisement