Toyota Allion

Stepper

guys any idea whats the price for the allion and premio right now?

$60 - $65k. Depend on PI. OMV should be around $20k now if car is import recently.

↡ Advertisement

hi,

altis from borneo motors now at a promo price of $57,988, very good buy.

at the end of the day, tomyam or sushi, no diff, its still a toyota. toyota being number 1 in the world, will not b so stupid to spoil their reputation to produce a lower grade car from thailand, especially for singapore market whereby singaporeans are the most picky owners in the world and we have the most ex cars in the world too.

i guess allion now is more ex than altis, given the altis 1.6A $57,988 (OMV$16,700) vs allion 1.5 CVT $~63,000 (OMV $14,800)

so which is a better buy? smart clever singaporeans will know

[laugh]

Definately the Allion. Looks nicer and FC beats Atlis hands down.

Altis is now at all time low of 51k+ after the COE nosedive...

By virtue of vast price difference alone, should be the better choice... tho I personally like everything abt the Allion over the Altis

Theres a sensor at the front passenger and driver door and the boot. once it senses your hand over the door handle(while the transponder in your pocket), it will unlock. the boot requires you to hold and press onto a button near the license plate courtesy lights. The front cabin reading (reception) will light up once it senses you (transponder) nearby. Once seated, step onto the brakes and press the engine start button.

Yes the boot is hard to close and requires a little more force then usual.

I saw the car recently and its asking is $57K. Unfortunately, this is a 1.5 litre. The body is a mini camery but the rear could be nicer.

With the price of $57K, I can get a 2.0L Forte which offers more features than a Allion and with some extra cash to mod or use as petrol.

a car broker advertise a Allion(July08) for 54.8k. I said new car is 58.8k. then he said you go buy new car la. sibei hao lian. keep saying his car coe is 14.7k high COE vs today 2-3k COE. so when it comes to selling his will be better value. Hello? his is used lor. 1 owner liao. so what if COE is high. now prices of COE is at rock bottom. Car prices cannot go cheaper unless govt cuts taxes. Nobody will sell a 2007/2008 car at paper lor. some dealers out there think buyers are stupid.

With the price of $57K, I can get a 2.0L Forte which offers more features than a Allion and with some extra cash to mod or use as petrol.

you can never buy or mod space.

the Allion is still much more spacious than the Forte.

Front and Back.

I am willing to pay 10K-15k more for a Allion over a Forte, anytime anyday.

btw does the Forte comes with smart key, engine start button, immobilizer?

the Allion is still much more spacious than the Forte.

Front and Back.

I am willing to pay 10K-15k more for a Allion over a Forte, anytime anyday.

btw does the Forte comes with smart key, engine start button, immobilizer?

Oh, you are willing to spend $10K-$15K just because you want the smart key, engine start button and immobilizer and did not know these features cost so much compared to the ESC (Electronic Stability Control) & 6 airbags which has 5 stars Safety Ratings while Allion do not have.

Guess you are rich or brand conscious as long as it is Toyota, you will buy.

Maybe the taxi company will use this as taxi too [thumbsdown][laugh][laugh]

wow...bro, u can foresee the future! haha....cos it's true that there are many Axio and Allion cabs on the road! [drivingcar]

Oh, you are willing to spend $10K-$15K just because you want the smart key, engine start button and immobilizer and did not know these features cost so much compared to the ESC (Electronic Stability Control) & 6 airbags which has 5 stars Safety Ratings while Allion do not have.

Guess you are rich or brand conscious as long as it is Toyota, you will buy.

look like you can't read or comprehend what i said previously.

i am willing to pay the extra premium for the spaciousness and luxury.

Also the proven good FC by current owners.

I like Sony, Canon over Samsung, LG.

so what? sue me? [thumbsdown]

before you said i am brand conscious, i have test drove or have close friends or relatives who owned Getz, Picanto, Rio, Cerato EX, Avante.

Most of them have upgraded to jap/conti rides or planning to upgrade.

:o erm, i think let's not make comparison esp between two very different cars (ie. 2l vs 1.5l, Kor vs Jap, AD vs PI)

Forte is obviously more powerful plus has good advanced driving aids - more value for money

Allion is more luxurious with better cabin, refinement n space plus features like keyless entry

However, I'll go for Allion cos I personally trust Jap brand more n think it should be have more reliability :)

Also, brand consiousness is a no-end issue... a Jap owner can say BMW owner brand consious, Kor owner vs Jap owner, Chinese owner vs Kor owner n so on... not a very valid issue to argue on?

The Altis is made in Thailand and I think the price should be lower than what BM is selling it for now.

The price of an Allion is reasonable as it is made in Japan and it has many more modern features compared to the Altis - keyless entry, rear wipers.

You get your money's worth. Next thing to do is to choose the right PI and the one who will give you the best deals.

Neutral Newbie

:o erm, i think let's not make comparison esp between two very different cars (ie. 2l vs 1.5l, Kor vs Jap, AD vs PI)

Forte is obviously more powerful plus has good advanced driving aids - more value for money

Allion is more luxurious with better cabin, refinement n space plus features like keyless entry

However, I'll go for Allion cos I personally trust Jap brand more n think it should be have more reliability :)

Also, brand consiousness is a no-end issue... a Jap owner can say BMW owner brand consious, Kor owner vs Jap owner, Chinese owner vs Kor owner n so on... not a very valid issue to argue on?

Talking about Jap brand more reliable, I have a friend who is loyal Toyota owner but after driven the Altis for 3 years, he has given hope on Toyota cos he has a lot of issues from his Altis and rather not to be brand conscious but getting something more reliable at a reasonable price.

Thinking back, I have seen a few Premio on the roads and the rear really same as Allion, so boring design and there are many who do not want to get a car which has been used for taxi or police car.

↡ Advertisement