Toyota Allion

Stepper

this ride using CVT-i transmission;

CVT is not new as it started quite early when Subaru had it on Justy in early 90s, then Civic had for the 96, 2000 models, even Latio, Sylphy etc. For Toyota, the Prius had it since the beginning.

So should not be new to market/workshop which brush up their skill.

↡ Advertisement

Another creative name by Japanese Automaker.

Ok back to school, how do you pronounce this in Engrand? [sweatdrop]

Allion = All Lion?

or Arh-Lee-On

oe Aa-Lee-yern

or ???SMLC ? [laugh][lipsrsealed]

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Neutral Newbie

Am interested this rare ALLION, however would like to have more research prior signing the dot.....line.

Any bro whose now owned and driving this machine care to share his experience? FC, performance, noisy, maintenance, OMV, car pricing, etc...

Looking for 1.5 or 1.8 with the style package seen in http://toyota.jp/allion/dop/package/index.html

Any bro have any lobang importing these accessories or PI have the ready stock?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I was looking around Turf City and wifey found tis car interesting...Would like to check how is the original sound proofing for this car...? As compare to Altis or Civic?? Thanks in advance...

Hi, I was looking around Turf City and wifey found tis car interesting...Would like to check how is the original sound proofing for this car...? As compare to Altis or Civic?? Thanks in advance...

Reply :

Sound proofing slightly better than Civic (FD) and quieter than G9 Corolla (G9 had some whine noise during acceleration). I owned both above models.

Civic had the empty drum thump when pass thru bridge strip or higher strips on road.

FC so far ard 13.5 to 13.8 kpl.

Neutral Newbie

Hi TANJKP, I am most likely to book the car this week. Just wondering has your car run in when u say your FC is 13.5 to 13.8?

FC to me is the most important thing when buying this car. Because I am doing sales. Now I am driving a KIA Cerato and the FC is killing me.

If before run in can get 13.5 to 13.8 its pretty good already.

Neutral Newbie

I notice there is a 1.8 dual VVTi waiting for LTA approval in Singapore. Will the Dual VVTi able to give better FC ? For the 1.5 VVTi to drive 1200kg, will it stress the engine/gear box ?

Saw this car at a road show recently. I must say the interior is very impressive and well built. Almost feels like a Mark X. It's a shame PI don't allow test drive...

For the 1.5 VVTi to drive 1200kg, will it stress the engine/gear box ?

Well, stress that will cause wear will only tell when time come (maybe few yrs later but can't say if due to ur reason then).

Will the Dual VVTi able to give better FC ?

Not sure how good it is. I know that Wish with normal 1.8 VVti so far was said to be quite economical but don haf exact figure.

My experience with 1.8L was a bit disappointed. Bought the FD believing from the info and data and "claim" from the factory figure of 14 kpl but ended with best 11+kpl.

So now just go back to the good old 1.5L better as it sure give >13.