Toyota Allion

Stepper

can't really compare altis and allion.

Allion is actually Carina.

And well, altis is non-Jap corrolla that even the Japs wouldn't acknowledge that it is a corrola. Cos to the Japs, there is only 1 corrolla that runs on their road and made in their homeland.

So, you cannot expect altis and allion being priced the same. even electronic products are priced differently for those made in japan and those made in well, china or thailand.

Saw this car at IMM yesterday road show, very impressive design....However for a 1.5L at 67K feels bit pricy, expect it at most at 08 Altis price [cool]
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Saw this Premio at a PI today which looks similar to Allion. Is it the same car? Was looking at this model but after a bad experience with a PI here, bought my Stream from Kah Motor...

Premio and Allion are mechanically the same car, save for the exterior.

Yes, agreed, getting a car from PI is a risk.

I guess I should be thankful that I got my current MarkX and Allion from PI without any issue. In fact, it was even a better experience than my last Sunny and Cefiro from Tan Chong.

Saw this Premio at a PI today which looks similar to Allion. Is it the same car? Was looking at this model but after a bad experience with a PI here, bought my Stream from Kah Motor...

Neutral Newbie

Premio is 99% similar to Allion. They share the same platform, chassis, and shell. The only noticeable difference between the 2 cars exterior-wise are:

- Front Head Lamp cluster. Premio employs the step small/big headlamps whilst those on Allion are horizontal.

- Premio comes with foglamp as standard equipment.

- Premio uses more chrome parts (some like it whilst others think its too ah-pek [laugh] )

- Premio has electronic stability control

- Allion has keyless entry whilst Premio doesn't

- Premio cost $1K more than Allion for the 1.5L

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I just went down to KM this afternoon and test-driven the FD Civic.

I was IMPRESSED! [inlove]

There were afew updates from the previous FD:

- Paddle shifters can be activated without the need to downshift gear to "S" anymore.

It works like a charm.

- The rear seat are now foldable with 40/60 splits. Funny thing is that the latch can only be activated from the boot and not from the cabin area. [dizzy]

- Immobiliser key now comes with additional button to open boot without the need to disarm the alarm. Nice touch.

The prices from KM has dropped by $3000 across the board and is valid till this coming Tuesday. FD 1.8 is now going for $75.5K. Coupled with loan rebate of $1K, you can drive away the FD for $74.5K. COE rebate is pegged at $12K.

Edited by Trex7764

I believe for family sedan, drum or disc does not really matter. Sylphy 2.0 also using drums. Since toyota and nissan are using drums for these cars, do not really think braking is an issue.

Cos I also cannot feel any issue in braking between my MarkX (disc rear) and Allion (drum rear).

If you want disc rear for allion, take the 2.0l one.

I think this card overall is very good!

To me the most noticeable disappointment is the rear drum break. Even the 1.8L also using rear drum break.. [thumbsdown]

I have no doubt on the breaking but in term of look, disc looks much nicer! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Yup... confirm its the Premio I saw today. The headlights and badge is sure what I saw. Priced at $71k otr with gurranteed COE.

Neutral Newbie
Premio is 99% similar to Allion. They share the same platform, chassis, and shell. The only noticeable difference between the 2 cars exterior-wise are:

- Front Head Lamp cluster. Premio employs the step small/big headlamps whilst those on Allion are horizontal.

- Premio comes with foglamp as standard equipment.

- Premio uses more chrome parts (some like it whilst others think its too ah-pek [laugh] )

- Premio has electronic stability control

- Allion has keyless entry whilst Premio doesn't

- Premio cost $1K more than Allion for the 1.5L

For me,ideally,I would like the front of the Allion & the rear of the Premio. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, it depends on which kind of PI you are dealing with. Alot of so called PIs do not really import their cars from japan themselves. They buy the cars from one of the few dealers in singapore who will do the import. Hence, their stock is very limited.

So choose your dealer carefully....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

erm.. vios are made in thailand, Allion are made in japan.... of course those made in japan will have much much better QC check and build quality and workmanship. Its worth the switch to a japanese made car.

From vios to Allion, these are ur upgrades: luxury cabin, quieter and more comfy ride, spacious legspace, and more electronics gadgets. But shoulder width space still the same so passengers will still feel as squeezy, and pickup speed will lose to vios since same engine and much heavier body. So it's up to u to think if these upgrades are worth the huge amount of money u need to spend as compared to keeping your vios till EOL.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1