Nuclear Power

Supercharged

Just studied in chemistry class about nuclear fission. Found out that Nuclear Power is cheap, efficient, and safe.

So wat do u guys think about a Nuclear Power Plant in Singapore?

Pub bill will go down tongue.gif

No need to rely on neighbors for natural gas thumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement

Rather rely on neighbour for resources la. If we really have nuclear power plant, they will accuse us of making nuclear weapons. Their thinking and reactions, standard template one.

u in secondary sch? [:p]

actually, i think nuclear power in SG is no big deal. if indon goes ahead with theirs, we're done for if theirs leaks. so might as well [sly]

Turbocharged

Safe is only true if you dont have cocksters running it..

Jap do that, i got no worries..but indo..we're fukked..

There is a study before. think if they built a small one at one of the offshore island. it is enough to power up the whole of SG and safe from any fall out.

Yup dat is my point, we got so many offshore islands we can use. We dont need to have a big power plant to power SG. Small one is even safer!

On top of dat, more ppl have died in all other fuel source den in a Nuclear power accident.

N i'm not sec school, in JC

Safe is only true if you dont have cocksters running it..

Jap do that, i got no worries..but indo..we're fukked..

Are you sure, my friend? Japs promote an image of safety-consciousness, but due to their blind obedience to boss, and when there is no supervision, sometimes they can commit the worst blunders... followed by apologies all around. Surprisingly, they also have a tendency to want to cover things up.

There was this incident some time ago in japan where workers transferred uranium using a pail!

http://www10.antenna.nl/wise/index.html?ht...e/519/5091.html

And more bad news...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/461446.stm

But I'm sure the indos will cause more fantastic headlines, if they ever go for nuclear power [sweatdrop]

Just studied in chemistry class about nuclear fission. Found out that Nuclear Power is cheap, efficient, and safe...

Right, so you've learnt about "fission". So, now you know that if you ever lump too much uranium in a pail, the mass exceeds a certain value then it will undergo fission and start zapping everything around it [:)]

Just studied in chemistry class about nuclear fission. Found out that Nuclear Power is cheap, efficient, and safe.

You haven't thought about the repercussions of having nuclear power??

1) Accident = Singapore population is wiped out in event of explosion. Radioactive discharge means cancer/radiation sickness for everyone

2) Discharge of waste aka hot products?

3) Protests from neighbours?

4) Terrorist acts?

All in all, the disadvantages far outweighs the advantages and this is especially so for point number 1.

I like the idea of efficiency though but sometimes it doesn't apply everywhere.

Good for you to think through this though.

If a sub can be nuclear powered and the crew can operated and sleepalongside it. I believe with proper measure. SG can also build and maintance a nuclear power plant.

I just noticed that your nick is 'supercharged' but you're a novice in status...so if you eventually reached a status of 'supercharged'...would you change your nick to Novice? [sly][laugh][laugh]

Nuclear power here is a No..No...you obviously didn't study your history lessons well...and know about the 3-mile island and Chernobyl nuclear disaster! [;)]

here are the real reasons no nuclear power station will be built here:

1. due to cost cutting, it will be run by contract workers, not very safe, some how we don't pay people in this industry well

2. if war, a bombing of the reactor will be tough to clean up on a small island

3. where to dispose of the spent nuclear material? pay some other country to bury it?

we allow nuclear powered carriers to call on our ports, we definitely have no problem with nuclear reactors here. just that we are not good at being safe when we use less than qualified work force in most of our industries.

Neutral Newbie

How are you going to safely disposed off the spent fuel? Buried it in Lorang Halus?

If you are really interested, go study about Nuclear fusion. If you can come out with a cost effective way of sustaining a fusion reaction, the world will thank you for it.

↡ Advertisement