Exhaust Welding job, MAN, Jeep Chee or Fong Kim

Vtim

(edited)

Better donât operate now with the new inspection standard as operated exhaust most likely cannot pass exhaust emission test

Yeah. Better to get a semiflow and bolt on. Keep the original for inspection

Best get LTA approved. Some 2nd hand ones prices quite low

Edited by Othello
↡ Advertisement

Yeah. Better to get a semiflow and bolt on. Keep the original for inspection

Best get LTA approved. Some 2nd hand ones prices quite low

got lobang for 07 GS300?

I cannot find leh

• Praise 1

operating exhaust is a basic job for exhaust shops.

so i believe all the shops can give a decent job.

i suppose your main concern should be pricing.

i heard Man exhaust is one of the cheapest in town.

• Praise 2

operating exhaust is a basic job for exhaust shops.

so i believe all the shops can give a decent job.

i suppose your main concern should be pricing.

i heard Man exhaust is one of the cheapest in town.

Wa very tempting to operate exos sia. Where is this MAN everyone is talking about?

• Praise 1

I operated my exhaust with fk before, making it a straight through. Went for 3 inspection before and was never found by lta. Considering to operate my current new ride too but wary of the new emission test.

• Praise 2

Your low end will lose a lot without the back pressure right? However top end will be smokin.

I operated my exhaust with fk before, making it a straight through. Went for 3 inspection before and was never found by lta. Considering to operate my current new ride too but wary of the new emission test.

Your low end will lose a lot without the back pressure right? However top end will be smokin.

Yes low end lose but mine is a manual car so not that bad. Was told by fk there will be a gain of 10horse.

Ah yeah, FK I forgot.

Yes low end lose but mine is a manual car so not that bad. Was told by fk there will be a gain of 10horse.

Neutral Newbie

(copied from my post in "muffler" forum

Driving  7 yo Sylphy and engine outlet /inlet to exhaust-muffler "broke". Loud Rattling sound when idle. Exhaust pipe holding up as brackets intact. Wifey says don't waste money to repair as noise doesn't bother her. But can pass upcoming VICOM inspection or not? If must change, better go to Nissan or to one of the 3 w'shops mentioned in this forum?

Supersonic
On 5/26/2023 at 1:47 AM, achia21 said:

(copied from my post in "muffler" forum

Driving  7 yo Sylphy and engine outlet /inlet to exhaust-muffler "broke". Loud Rattling sound when idle. Exhaust pipe holding up as brackets intact. Wifey says don't waste money to repair as noise doesn't bother her. But can pass upcoming VICOM inspection or not? If must change, better go to Nissan or to one of the 3 w'shops mentioned in this forum?

I dont think it will pass inspection, but you can try, after all the 2nd inspection is free if i remember correctly. 

But the problem is the noise ,plus  the car will lose power, and the  problem will only deteriorate over time, this is something that you will not be able to ignore for long. 

In the past(decades ago) there are people who do wielding to patch the hole , not sure if there are still shops doing it,  no harm asking around, talk to one or two shops would give you a feel of available options. I am the type who have no shame asking.🤣🤣 it sounded to me that you have the front section broken, not the muffler section, whatever the case,bifnyiu want to save money,  go ask  around scrap yards as well, can just call them up but you need to be precise with what you need, this is where you talk to the workshops will help . 

Supersonic
(edited)
On 5/29/2023 at 11:34 PM, achia21 said:

@Ct3833 Thanks. Actually I don't notice any loss in power and fuel consumption seems to have improved.

Either you didnt realise it or the problem is not big enough yet. 

5 Signs of an Exhaust Leak

The car exhaust system serves the simple purpose of directing gases from the engine combustion chamber to the outside of your vehicle through an exhaust pipe leading to the left or right end of the rear bumper. An exhaust leak can cause these dangerous fumes to enter the cabin and even cause your vehicle to fail emissions inspections. To ensure issues are fixed in a timely manner and keep your car working properly, discover these five signs of an exhaust leak.

1. Increased Engine Noise

One common sign of an exhaust leak is increased engine noise. Loud rumbling in the engine, especially during acceleration, or popping, hissing, or any other strange sounds could point to an exhaust leak or a damaged muffler.

2. Weak Acceleration/Loss of Power

If your car is not accelerating as usual when you press the gas, it might be due to exhaust leakage. It’s important to have the leak repaired as soon as you notice an issue, as your vehicle will continue losing power until the problem is resolved. It is also a good idea to have your car checked for other culprits such as a bad air filter or clogged gas pipe, as these issues could also cause a loss of acceleration and power.

3. Poor Fuel Economy

Poor fuel economy is another common sign of an exhaust leak. Exhaust leaks make it harder for your engine to perform, resulting in more trips to the gas station and reduced fuel efficiency.

https://www.customcompleteautomotive.com/5-signs-of-an-exhaust-leak/

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement