Exhaust Welding job, MAN, Jeep Chee or Fong Kim

Vtim

Ah Orh (Blackie) is Ricky's brother (Boss of Fong Kim), they used to work together, I guess he has set up his own shop, yes, the last time (way back in late 80's or early 90's, forgot exactly when) Ah Orh was the one that welded my silencer on my old Alfa 33, he's skill is much better than any other workers of Fong Kim back then, thanks for the update, will look for him next time for exhaust job thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement

according to the manual, it's 120k km to change.

Did my header installation & some welding at MAN at a very very reasonable price thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

All 3 not up to my standard. There are no good exhaust shops in Singapore. Just choose the lesser of the evils or best of the worst. I am looking for nice fish scale welding but all are rabbit droppings or lau sai type welding. Disgusting.

aiyoh, this one must change lah, don't know how the previous owner drive until the cast header can crack one hur.gifhur.gifhur.gif

if don't change, it will run rich due to the leak in the header sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie
tried all 3. Of coz MAN is the cheapest. But i think only his workmanship is ok, his workers abit CMI. FK, dunwanna comment too much.

Both FK and MAN's welding style the same. Everything oso use flame, be it cutting, or welding together. Not so neat IMHO. Heating, softens the metal, so not so good. Since both uses same method, of course cheaper is better.

Although JC sometimes a bit pricy, but for welding, they use the MIG gun mostly, which is much better IMHO. Welding looks neater, more professional, less scars. Worth the moo la.

Not that FK and MAN doesn't use MIG, they do use, but sparingly, usually to hold the pipes/metal in place first, then they rest of the joining part, they use the flame.

Simple patching up job mebbe FK and MAN can do. But major job, i think JC is a better choice.

agree [thumbsup] JC get my vote.

FK...

Man...

Neutral Newbie

paisei

dun know anyone here try d below b4

SUPREME MOTORWORKS

Exhaust they carry : Custom made & other brands

Address : Blk 20 Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector A #01-16

Singapore 575678

↡ Advertisement