Exhaust Welding job, MAN, Jeep Chee or Fong Kim

Vtim

agree JC get my vote.

FK...

Man...

Yap, the trio are the market leaders in this market based on MCF forummer's comments. I seem to be seeing more valuable praises for JC but the vote doesn't quite tally. Anyway, all we can say is in general, we all have good experience with the Trio.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Hiz all

By the way, after we op our exo... will it be very difficult to pass the yearly inspection? I have heard ppl saying its still possible to pass e inspection after exo op.

Pls advise. :)

Thanks

A few of my friends did their exhausts at SMW, ended up all exhausts rusted badly, and one of them the exhaust had a big leakage as the welding on the exhaust downpipe gave way, as though it was being sliced apart.

Wouldn't recommend SMW [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

hi bros and sisters, need advice here. roughly how much for a welding job in sg workshop if i bring my own muffler for them to weld? and when going for inspection, i would change back to the original muffler, will it pass the inspection?

any help is greatly appreciated as i'm considering to change to a semi-flow muffler for my kia cerato.

thanks!

• Praise 1

hi bros and sisters, need advice here. roughly how much for a welding job in sg workshop if i bring my own muffler for them to weld? and when going for inspection, i would change back to the original muffler, will it pass the inspection?

any help is greatly appreciated as i'm considering to change to a semi-flow muffler for my kia cerato.

thanks!

depends on where you go, shouldn't be more than $100 IMO

If u really want to ensure quality, ask the welder to produce a valid welder certificate(Singlas) which needs to renew every half-yearly or yearly. It also states the types of welding they can do.

• Praise 2

I only went to Jeep Chee and Top Speed Exhaust in JB.

Comparing the 2 places, the welding job by JC is nice and neat wherelse

the one by Top Speed is ugly and patchy like doing soldering work.

• Praise 1

Just back from MAN. My new project is operation on a Jaguar XJ Sport. Guys at MAN are nice and give good vibes. Went at 6.30pm and they still were happy to change my tips first. Operate next. Shall update again!!!

• Praise 1

I had used the service of Jeep Chee, Fong Kim over the past years and finally today at Man Exhaust. If I were to rate them, I am satisfied with Man. Jeep Chee and Fong Kim have a tendency to overcharge if you do not know the market rate of the purchased item or service. I will continue to patronize Jeep Chee and Man, but I will avoid Fong Kim due to two bad experiences with them. (I.e. overcharging for a Remus tip and sloppy installation of my stock muffler, causing it to tilt and dislodge after a few weeks)

• Praise 1

I drove back to Man recently because I had an issue with the tailpipe knocking on the rear bumper, hence I needed the welder to adjust the position of the tailpipe. The welder torched two areas and took two mins to complete the job. The in-charge wanted to charge me $50. I negotiated it down to $30.

As I drove an old Japanese car to Man previously (a few weeks ago), the same welder had to patch a crack in my exhaust, it took him at least fifteen mins to complete. I was also charged at $30 which was fair and reasonable.

So I realized that manhour + job's difficulty level = final charge is not absolute, it can be easily overwritten by newer/ more exp. car + fatness of your wallet = inflated final charge.

Sigh.

I went "Man" about a year ago to fix my exh pipe. Meet him personally and the guy did a good job to replace the whole pipe by redo a new pipe with less than hundres box. I was happy with efforts and good price. [thumbsup]

But not very sure "man" still the person in charge nowadays. I got my car exh pipe(lobang somewhere at behind, not the pipe.) repair twice last month by his people, only last a week ++. The guys just welded and that's it. First time 50 & second time 40 box.

A week later got lobang again, drive like spot car.. :wacko: Call his workshop thought can make appointment directly with him but not there, a chinese(maybe not..) pick up the phone said he's not in. Later called again and no one answer. I went there twice last month and didn't see him around. So I'm not sure his still there or pass the business to others. [shakehead]

Anyone know if "man" still around? [confused]