Fwah... this sound fun. Any MCF gathering there?

Apollo

Hairy lift happenings in Shenton Way building I WORKED in the Central Business District in a building with no name (formerly known as Temasek Tower) and now known as 8 Shenton Way.

Externally, the building looks all right but what a nightmare most tenants endure when using their supposedly upgraded lift system.

The lift system and the lobby were upgraded last year. My office is situated on the 45th floor and there are four lifts serving 40th to the 50th floors. However, despite the upgrading which is supposedly to improve the lift system, breakdown is a daily feature. Sometimes, the situation was so bad that there is only one lift left serving the 10 floors. Besides our company, many other tenants have also written to the landlord, to no avail.

I had a hairy experience on Monday evening. My colleague and I took the lift on the 45th floor. It stopped on the 43rd floor and picked up another person. The lift, carrying the three of us, was supposed to bring us down to ground level. But it did not. On the 22nd floor, it stopped after which it began to shake. Suddenly, the lift shot up to the 31st floor and then down again to the 27th floor. On the 27th floor, it froze and shook again and then shot up to the 31st floor. By then, we were so frightened of being stuck in the lift that we stepped out immediately to take another lift. Later, I was told that these things happened often.

On Tuesday morning, I experienced another annoying incident. At Basement 1, I pressed the lift for the 45th floor. The lift door closed on me but did not move for five minutes, after which it opened again to announce that it was Basement 1. I switched lift and one of the tenants remarked that it is a common daily happening despite many letters of complaints.

I hope that the relevant authorities will step in to 'save' us from the daily hairy and annoying experiences we have to endure at 8 Shenton Way.

Chua Kim Gek (Ms)

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Onl...ory_170074.html

↡ Advertisement

all go take lift and hopefully will get zoom up and down more fun mah. 1 person take will b scary. but more pple like ATK scream and scream will b shioka doo doo. laugh.gif

Last time I heard of lifts acting crazy like this was in a building with an supposedly *ahem* "unclean" reputation. [lipsrsealed] Luckily for me never experienced it personally.

[reply]

all go take lift and hopefully will get zoom up and down more fun mah. 1 person take will b scary. but more pple like ATK scream and scream will b shioka doo doo. laugh.gif

basket, y m i mentioned here? unimpressed.gif

my hse oso got ghost, u wanna cm & help me catch or not?

must b hum sup ghost... ask porker lor.

i mean ask porker goto ur house flex abit of muscle here and there and help sell at mocca lor.

[reply]

basket, y m i mentioned here? unimpressed.gif

my hse oso got ghost, u wanna cm & help me catch or not?

hah hah... u come to the right forum for ghost buster liao....

i m in it... so tonight 12am i go catch want? PM me your address [sly]

please standby some DURABLE rubber, i neet it to contain the ghost tonight [sly]

Edited by Nkps

Hairy lift happenings in Shenton Way building I WORKED in the Central Business District in a building with no name (formerly known as Temasek Tower) and now known as 8 Shenton Way.

Externally, the building looks all right but what a nightmare most tenants endure when using their supposedly upgraded lift system.

The lift system and the lobby were upgraded last year. My office is situated on the 45th floor and there are four lifts serving 40th to the 50th floors. However, despite the upgrading which is supposedly to improve the lift system, breakdown is a daily feature. Sometimes, the situation was so bad that there is only one lift left serving the 10 floors. Besides our company, many other tenants have also written to the landlord, to no avail.

I had a hairy experience on Monday evening. My colleague and I took the lift on the 45th floor. It stopped on the 43rd floor and picked up another person. The lift, carrying the three of us, was supposed to bring us down to ground level. But it did not. On the 22nd floor, it stopped after which it began to shake. Suddenly, the lift shot up to the 31st floor and then down again to the 27th floor. On the 27th floor, it froze and shook again and then shot up to the 31st floor. By then, we were so frightened of being stuck in the lift that we stepped out immediately to take another lift. Later, I was told that these things happened often.

On Tuesday morning, I experienced another annoying incident. At Basement 1, I pressed the lift for the 45th floor. The lift door closed on me but did not move for five minutes, after which it opened again to announce that it was Basement 1. I switched lift and one of the tenants remarked that it is a common daily happening despite many letters of complaints.

I hope that the relevant authorities will step in to 'save' us from the daily hairy and annoying experiences we have to endure at 8 Shenton Way.

Chua Kim Gek (Ms)

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Onl...ory_170074.html

huh? the lifts serve 40th to 50th floors then how the writer get out on the 31st floor? [confused]

u can play unchained melody and mould the clay together rubba rubba the hands together.

then u will find the Ghost to b wonderful.

demi_moore2.jpg

↡ Advertisement