Free textbooks for all schools by year's end....

Highwaycode

Considering education is important for all children and books are essential this is an excellent policy. Bravo to their gracious thinking!

And Ahem! Anyone or folk from ministry of education or teachers care to comment?

Friday October 26, 2007

Free textbooks by year

↡ Advertisement

Think the medical (see doctor and medicines) if you are a senior citizen holding a "card'...free as well (recall someone said)....pity on the rising crime rate and ...

Singapore will give you free textbooks with IU set attached...and they will also build gantries/sensors in classrooms so each time a student opens up his/her book, his/her cashcard will automatically be deducted. Then progressively but surely, they build more and more gantries along corridors, toilets, canteens, assembly halls, etc. And when parent ask Minister why??? He will say, "this is to help student own books".... [sly]

Edited by Chickenfarm

what a tot.. u better not say anymore... if not, really like tat, the daddys and mummys gonna suffer big time for 'free' books... [:|]

Singapore will give you free textbooks with IU set attached...and they will also build gantries/sensors in classrooms so each time a student opens up his/her book, his/her cashcard will automatically be deducted. Then progressively but surely, they build more and more gantries along corridors, toilets, canteens, assembly halls, etc. And when parent ask Minister why??? He will say, "this is to help student own books"....

[laugh][laugh][laugh][thumbsup]

walao..

i really thought this was in SG, even though i'm beyond textbooks and dun intend to produce.

this is something that will actually benefit the needy more than the rich, cos to the rich, textbook costs are a trifle anyways, but i am aware that the 100+ (my time, is it more like 200+ now?) for books for pri sch students every yr is a big issue for the poorer pple.

my family still not too bad, can afford new books for my siblings and me. but today, they keep changing text, so 2nd hand isn't really the solution either [:/]

i mean, they tax car users but dun pump all the taxes back to the roads, so must have *some* surplus right???? [sly] and dun mention ministers' pay cos tt's supposedly a small fraction of national expenditure. [lipsrsealed]

Supercharged
Singapore will give you free textbooks with IU set attached...and they will also build gantries/sensors in classrooms so each time a student opens up his/her book, his/her cashcard will automatically be deducted. Then progressively but surely, they build more and more gantries along corridors, toilets, canteens, assembly halls, etc. And when parent ask Minister why??? He will say, "this is to help student own books".... sly.gif

Yo...ChickenLittle...all yr eggs hatched liao is it...

Now, u come in to hatch some eggs for our MIW to suck more blood monies fm parents, u wu jian dao furious.gifrifle.gifsmash.gifwhip.gif

Neutral Newbie

no lah.

singapore you will STILL pay for your textbook, only offset with some small REBATE, AND THEN have a gantry system for 'usage'.

Neutral Newbie
Considering education is important for all children and books are essential this is an excellent policy. Bravo to their gracious thinking!

And Ahem! Anyone or folk from ministry of education or teachers care to comment?

Friday October 26, 2007

Free textbooks by year

and to add to that

prices of staples are controlled and peg by the govt

eg oil, rice, flour milk.

housing is cheap compared to sg standards (even if you don t factor in the exchange rate)

no wonder my colleagues in the malaysian office drive their protons, live in nice condo and landed proerties yet always look so relaxed and stress free. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

"

malaysia's education system CMI... you want ur children to CMI too? Laugh Thumbs Down "

i believe that is a statement of pure ignorance, what evidence do you have.

although the bahasa malay policy is not an advantage, just ask around and find out how many malaysians scholars there are in sg and then you will get your answer.

their schools may be old and their curriculum not as dynamic as us but don t for one moment ASSUME that the educational system cannot churn out excellent students which are quite a few.

I know quite a number of people from East Malaysia...some actually apply scholars to go oversea...and also in local Uni...got at least 2 Aussie Uni there also...i think standard still not bad...

↡ Advertisement