Silver KIA Taxi - Getting annoying lately

Chisiang

I dunno was it me or what but lately I kept seeing those new Silver KIA speeding down 60 kph road in excess of 80 kph. Some zig zag like zng cars.

The day before saw one racing with a Latio down PIE like too fast too furious siah! I already doing 100 he still can cut like nobody business..

I think Taxi have too powerful engines liao. Should give them 660cc I think enough to get you from point A to B safely. [laugh] What's the point of having a fast and powerful taxi but can't get one when you need?

↡ Advertisement

Agreed with you. Not only Kia Taix, Sonata Taxi, Merc Taxi also the same.

When they see you signal, they deliberately speed up, and block your way.

Shame on the taxi drivers.

These new taxis are powerful, got chance to eat other cars, they eat.

They zoom zoom here and there , so common.

I just let them be but sumtimes kachau them if they r too much

Neutral Newbie

Ha ha... thot the clowns are much worse than these new ones... the thing is, those clowns no torque no power but want to drive like evo...aren't they worse? at least these new ones still can torque us out [:p].

I think basically most cabbies drive like that lor. anyway, as long as we dont kena them scratch and we let them go far far can already liao lor...no point to go and bother them lah, one day they will kena jialat jialat then they know that they are actually earning a living and not cheonging for living lah. [;)]

They want to win, let them win. They will kena one day, sooner or later.

Those clowns, well, these are the uncle drivers, have the will but dont have the power [laugh].

On the other hands, those Kia, Sonata or Merc drivers, they are cheongers, drive like no tomorrow.

Ya man!! Now a days, Taxi drivers are like F1 drivers, siao one!! We all know their new taxi can pick up fast, got tons of torque. middle lane on the expressway also want to tailgate me. sigh. [hur][hur]

Not to mention expressway, even on small roads, they also want to tailgate.

On many occasions, when I am just picking up speed after lights turn green, they will immediately tailgate even if I am on left lane. [thumbsdown]

As if their taxi will kaput if they drive slow.... [laugh]

Wait till they meet cars like integra, mark x, rx8 .. [sly]

It'd be interesting to see their reaction. [laugh]

Edited by Redboy

I dunno was it me or what but lately I kept seeing those new Silver KIA speeding down 60 kph road in excess of 80 kph. Some zig zag like zng cars.

The day before saw one racing with a Latio down PIE like too fast too furious siah! I already doing 100 he still can cut like nobody business..

I think Taxi have too powerful engines liao. Should give them 660cc I think enough to get you from point A to B safely. [laugh] What's the point of having a fast and powerful taxi but can't get one when you need?

cab racing with a latio? Nothing to be proud of even if they win. [thumbsdown]

If they want to race, they shd pick someone their size. [shakehead]

Edited by Redboy

Turbocharged

so far most cabbies i encountered are road hoggers irregardless of make leh... worse during/after rain..they leave a darn big gap with the car in front, leaving a string of cars stuck behind

Edited by Solar

yeah. those cabbies are useless fellows.

They can only cheong on straights. Come to bends, they will freak out(slow down) and as what u mentioned, leave such big gaps when roads are wet, depriving other drivers of chance to close up gap. Selfish! [shakehead]

I do agree they are pretty annoying. Some speed with passengers inside...what is going through their mind when others' lives are in their hands.

Have made reports to their relevant department once I encounter, but sad to say, their reply was "Will educate the drivers" dat sort of answers...

Dat's as good as not replying to me.

Neutral Newbie

All the same especially the newer ones with AUTO transmission. sweatdrop.gif The way they drive now, scary. I fear for the passengers inside.

As a Kia Magentis driver myself, I must say that when driving at 80km/h it feels more like 60km/h. So I can't really blame them lah.

Ya man!! Now a days, Taxi drivers are like F1 drivers, siao one!! We all know their new taxi can pick up fast, got tons of torque. middle lane on the expressway also want to tailgate me. sigh. [hur][hur]

In my opinion, taxi drivers fall into two categories:

i) Tailgaters

ii) Roadhoggers

They are not mutually exclusive, though. When Mr.Taxi feels like driving fast, he'll tailgate you. When he wants to drive slow, he'll drive at 80kph on the right lane of the e/ways and leave a 10-car gap in front of him.

Exactly. That's why MCF have all sorts of comprains like: Commercial vehicles getting annoying lah, Toyotas dun signal lah(this one not from me, do a search and u will find it), Honda boyracers lah etc etc.

Ppl still dun get it is that behind these wheels are Sillyporeans! [laugh]

Time and time again ppl mentioned it's the driver and not the vehicle but u will see someone post it anywayz. [:/]

I cannot help but think these ppl such as the TS got some kind of ego thing going on or they have some kind of grudge with the vehicle itself. Heck, I can never comprehend anywayz. [:/]

fine and put them all in jail! then there wont be any more jam and better air quality :)

Or the government should ban all large CC ( above 1.6cc)car in singapre, help to save fuel too!

Neutral Newbie

hmm.... last time taxi used to be slower and get bullied always so now they come back with more powerful cabs to curb the problem of being bullied on the road [drivingcar] crown is quite slow, thats why alot of the driver like to bully it, now got skoda,mercs, drivers would think twice before doing anything [laugh]

↡ Advertisement