Selling car to 2nd hand car dealer

Hummer

Hey guys,

Looking to sell my ride to a 2nd hand car dealer. Done a search in the forum but could not find any useful threads on this matter.

It's my first time selling to a 2nd car dealer, so just want to know any pitfalls or things to take note of. What are the steps involved in the whole process? When do we finally hand the car over to the dealer?

Thanks for any valuable advise.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

Prepare your throat to get cut off by the 2nd hand car dealer, as there are no trade in for another car.

There are few ways to do it:

1) direct sale by advertising at http://www.sgcarmart.com.sg just $28 for 6 weeks, or

2) let the company "Trade Assist" to do it for you at a price, scheme A, B or C. Refer to http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/ta_index.php

3) Advertised at The Strait Times, which is more expansive as comapre to (1) above.

Hey guys,

Looking to sell my ride to a 2nd hand car dealer. Done a search in the forum but could not find any useful threads on this matter.

It's my first time selling to a 2nd car dealer, so just want to know any pitfalls or things to take note of. What are the steps involved in the whole process? When do we finally hand the car over to the dealer?

Thanks for any valuable advise.

Cheers

If you really want to let go, just give me a call lah ... will settle for you .... [nod][nod]

Thanks to all who have replied.

Whether the hummer is the biggest crap on wheels, I can't afford it. But it's way OT. You can crap about it in another thread. Thx

My ride is just a humble Korean ride.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

on this matter going to let go my car to dealer. since i need to top up i am playing safe by issue cashier order to the bank. but seems like dealer will collect cashier order and car before settling the loan. is that normal? i guess this is quite standard but lately some scams around so abit scary. [dead] any other precautions to take?

Edited by Metalslug

based on my past experience, u only need to give them the car after they fully settle.....

worst case is, follow them to the bank where they settle the car loan, best is b4 2pm daily, then they can do the transfer the same day, then give them the keys and the car.....

since need to top up to pay off, once the cashier order is given to the finance company, its quite safe to give them the car liao, but of coz, pls remember to sign the handover form to the dealer so as to prevent traffic offences....