Restricting Cab engine capacity up to 2L Max

Kelpie

Restricting Cab engine capacity to 2L Max  

83 members have voted

1. 1.

• Agree
    • Disagree

rental fare are control by the PTC not the cab company. cab company are not allow to lower their rental to less then 85 bucks. onli the rental companies are earning big bucks, just look at out smrt and sbs transit.

PTC is not involved in taxi $$. Where u get the $85 from?

↡ Advertisement

yes, yes. I have encountered the new Hyundai and Sonata taxis doing

1. Going above 80 in housing estate

2. Cut left, left, right, left, right, right and zoom away on ECP

towards airport. Shd be way above 100 as I was doing 90 and I lost

sight of him

3. Drive off very very fast when light turn green and change lane at

the same time.

4. Going above 110 in expressway

I can avoid them when I am driving. But when I travel and take the

taxi to the airport, I am always at their mercy.

Neutral Newbie
then should limit to 60km/h can liao.

singapore got only 5 expressway so no need to go till 80km/h limit every car to 60 can liao. since max in small road is 70.

then they got the excuse to really promote our WORLD CLASS TRANSPORT. which they them self also dun take in their whole life.

who are they to say that traffic is bad when they also 1 of the contributers what more is they have more then 1 car to follow them behind and in front which add up to the jam.

haha...hm...60 abit slow la...give them 70km/h la...haha

wad to do..this is life..

Neutral Newbie

A cab can be a Ferrari for all I care. They observe the same traffic rules and pay the same fine as you and me. The capacity cap is meaningless. Market forces will decide on the cab, not policy.

I used to work in the public transport industry. If u believe the rental costs are artificially high, then.. there is no stopping others from coming in and offering alternative taxi services. Afterall, the bulk of transport arrangements these days do not really require a taxi vocational licence or be a licensed taxi. Since no taxi license is required, then.. anyone can offer a competitive service at lower operating costs.

I think even 2L is too big....a normal 1.6 to 1.8 is MORE MORE MORE than enough for goodness sake...our country is not like u need to take 5 hrs to travel from east to west...

yeah man..1.6 or 1.8 enuff liao.. Bangkok using 1.6 Altis sia [rolleyes]

u use to work in the industry then u should know who set the limit.

just image if they would to allow taxi coy to lower the rates what would happen to our WORLD class transport company?

as compare to the price of cars 10yrs before and now there is a huge diff. but the rental is not dropping.

Diesel engines below 2L would mean it would be 1.8L only. Its limited to choices and most 2L diesel engines are 2.2 and above.

Limiting engine capacity makes no differences whatsoever. Taxis have a road tax of $6000 go check LTA website if you want. Taxi companies will not see the point of reducing engine capacity.

Petrol FC will never be as good as diesel FC if you are comparing equivalent sized engines.

No matter what engine size you use taxi drivers would still compete against each other. Lets say they use smaller engines (Picture a Honda SP 250 motorbike) and bigger engines (Any bigger bikes CB400 above). Noise pollution would be horrendous small puny engines revving to compete for customers.

The CCTV option sounds good but its not practical and logical. Who is going to watch all the videos of thousands of taxis to catch erroneous drivers? No one.

The only way is to reduce rental or to increase fares. But reduce rental is some big feat that the companies are gonna pull out of their asses, so the most logical option is to increase fares, to the companies.

↡ Advertisement