Airtrek Vs Grand Vitara - Pls Advice Thanks.

Ninafrost

Hi All,

Am new here so forgive me if my questions sounds silly.

I have a 1.5 sunny coming to the end of the COE next year. Am thinking of getting a second hand car...

Am looking at a airtrek non turbo or a grand vitara 2L.

Any advice regarding...

-Reliability

-FC

-Maintenance cost

-spaciousness

my work involves indoor and outdoor where sumtimes i have to ferry huge equipments. Like lightstand and tripods and cartons of lights. This outdoor work happens once in every month or so...

Have an friend who claims that airtreks are not high in demand and very hard to sell???

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Nina

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Bro, I will go for GV man. In any aspect, be it performance or whatever... not mean to undermine the mit brand or praise the Suzie. i think the suzie is a value for money piece lor, sommore its newer in design (general). btw, not too sure whether the airtrek is still available in C&C anymore. for the GV, its a god send now bcos the 2wd is available for those who don't need the 4wd. Unless u go for the turbo Airtrek (I think maybe airtrek is no longer available in C&C if i m not wrong, its replaced by outlander liao).

Hi Vicz,

thanks for the advice. But am looking at a second hand car...

Wregards to the 2WD issue. Issit cheaper to own a 2 wheel drive? I dun think 4WD is necessary for me. I wun be destroying any flora or foilage for now....will stick on the roads...

Thanks Nina

Yes, 4WD tends to be heavier on FC & slower pick-up, hence unless u need it for off-roading/u have big horsepower, try not to choose a 4WD.

Hi Watwheels....

Eh... i'll pass on the pickup. But yes i did consider about the pickup... but i still like the comforts of a passenger car and the looks (yes i am a sucker for looks)... [:p]

then.. nothing much left.. take a look at honda's crossroad.. looks 4wd.. but not all version are 4wd..

GV is great for its boot size and passengers too.. but bit heavy on its FC..

Neutral Newbie
Hi Vicz,

thanks for the advice. But am looking at a second hand car...

Wregards to the 2WD issue. Issit cheaper to own a 2 wheel drive? I dun think 4WD is necessary for me. I wun be destroying any flora or foilage for now....will stick on the roads...

Thanks Nina

Definitely heavier. why not u consider a proper mini van like peugeot partner or kangoo type if u really need the utilitarian side of the vehicle? likewise u can still fetch ur people in a small van... one of my relative was driving a kangoo then, he was enjoying it with the family and his goods...as well as his dogs too. of cos, different people have different likes and needs. I once own a Suzie... altho just an ignis but on the whole, i find suzuki is quite user frenly and reasonable on the FC. However, do expect to burn more in a bigger vehicle like a GV though unless u wan 2 consider a mini van lor.

I would suggest GV but the 2WD model. I have a friend driving the GV 4WD, high FC and slow pickup.. [sweatdrop]

I like the look of GV and believe the 2WD will be better FC and pick up. If drive in Singapore, there is no need for 4WD.

Turbocharged

2nd hand 2WD GV might not be so easy to source cos pretty new.

The model was intro abt 1 year ago.

Most if not all on the used car market now are of the 4WD variety.

i won't 2nd hand one.. only new for me.. i won't know how the car was run in... beside the monthly repayment will be almost the same as a brand new car.... no point in getting a pre-owned.

↡ Advertisement