Boycott whoever raises petrol price first...?

Shsoh

Neutral Newbie

Great idea from another thread... to boycott whichever company raises petrol prices first for at least a month. We should send messages to drivers we know and spread the word around.

I read that this hike was started by Caltex... so should we start with Caltex first?

Comments?

↡ Advertisement

It's a good idea but I think singaporeans are rather submissive. Think of taxes. ERP. stuff. We just keep quiet and get reamed again and again.

Then again I think the rest of the pumps will match their prices sooner or later. And when that happens, are we to stop driving or to drive over to pump?

If one has no brand loyality, boycott certain brand who raised the pump price is a good idea.

Seem to me SPC never be the first one to raise the price.

i am not voting for SPC because of it's screwed up loyalty plan. they may never be the first one to raise the price, but their prices are never competitive to begin with. sacrificing that +1 or +2% for that entire month just to generate enough to get the max discounts? That don't work with me.

I'll go for lowest nett pump prices and i want the discounts yesterday, not tomorrow.

Neutral Newbie

I think the reason given is quite sound. The effect will kick in quickly for the culprit in terms of revenue for that month. This will serve as a warning to those who chooses to be in the frontline first.

I'm boycotting Caltex first and will encourage my other friends to do so as well.

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

wasting time lah, might as well say boycott ERP, all drivers don put cashcard for 1 week. teo bo?

We the citizen of S'pore not that hap chop one. all for themselve, career & family only.

↡ Advertisement