Wira 1.5M Power Delivery & Gear Box

Unfazed

Hi to all current or ex Wira owners,

I have noticed that the power delivery during top 3 gears for wira 1.5M are rather unresponsive resulting in slow pick up. But from 4th gear onward, the power & response seems ok. For an old model like wira, my FC is often 12km/l or more. Is wira a high revving car, dun get me wrong...I dun relate this to a civic vti..wat I mean is could the max power be designed to be at higher engine revs thus mey need to rev it to obtain the max power output.

I ask this qn because I have driven many cars that pick up speed much faster than my wira but when they reached 130km/h or so, their response seems to be slower. However, at the same speed, when I tap the accelerator of the wira & the response still comes pretty fast even thou I could feel the lightness of the wira. What is surprising is at 130km/h or so, the accelerator is only depressed abit, does that explain the frugality of this car?

Last qn, I realised when engine is cold, my top 3 gears shifting are often not smooth. I consulted mechanic and he explained that it could be due to something called synchromesh which quite a no. of cars also experience this. This feeling will go away only I have driven for a longer time in a day (example: covering at least 30 or 40km), and the gear change would become smooth.

Can anyone here shed some light? To those if your reply is going to be unconstructive criticising a make or model, pls dun post anything at all cos this is a genuine discussion. Thanks!

Cheers... [:)]

↡ Advertisement

The sychromesh is part of the gearbox, which engages the gear as you are shifting.

Check the manual for what grade of mtf you should used, sometimes a change to a good synthetic mtf such as Redline or Amsoil will help in the shifting when cold.

Agreed. But for manual,and somemore Wira,s long s u chge yr gearoil,gooooooood enough.Is a veri durable car which need little(not no)maintenance. Whatever spoilt,jus chge lor,no issue.

Hi Guys...

Despite the poor response, I will want to thank everyone of u in making the effort to answer my questions. Many Thanks!

Regards,

I do own this model before . Take-care of the clutch pump as broke-dowm in my 2nd year plus. Other then this, you can always drive to JB for a change (new parts with a better price). The accessories is also full range over there.

Just my comment only.

Hi, I have a set of 4-2-1 extractor come together with a bolt on high flow cat, and also a drop in K&N air filter. Items are from my last Wira 1.5M. Let me know if you are interested. PM 90101598.

Thanks pal but I think I prefer to just keep it stock as I often just use it for run arounds. Me got no shiny rims too. Cheers..