Garmin Car Charger spoiled

Holyavartar

Hi, anyone has any idea where to buy a same new car charger for garmin gps or something similar car charger for garmin gps as i think mine is spoiled even after change a new fuse?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Go to SLS Perfect Watch. Btw garmin accessories are damn ex. Today, I went to look for spare rubber part of suction mount. Mine damaged after repeated removal. KNN, cannot just buy the rubber but have to buy a new set and the new set cost $50! [dizzy]

Hi, anyone has any idea where to buy a same new car charger for garmin gps or something similar car charger for garmin gps as i think mine is spoiled even after change a new fuse?

Thanks.

I find using a car charger for GPS a hassle and an eyesore. I get the mechanice to wire the GPS to the car ignition. One-time job, swee swee.

Regards,

But u still need the car charger to plug into the cig adapter. The cig adapter is hardwired to the car fuse box. Did mine at Pinliang. Need solution but a little pricey though. Very good workmanship I must say.

Are u sure the charger is spoiled? Maybe replacing the fuse will do. Btw, the charger can be bought from PW at $40 ~ $45.

No need. The moment the car is started, the GPS is switched on. No lar, where got expensive? it is a simple job that most WS can do. I didn't have to pay $40-$5.

Regards,

Hi, care to pm me the shop tat u had done up ur GPS connection to the car ignition?

Is it done up the same as chickenbackside earlier post?

Do i still need to use the GPS car charger for this setup as mine is really spoiled even after replacing a new fuse?

Hi, thanks for ur recommendation.

I was also thinking on this alternative to get other type car charger wih USB adaptor but not sure whether the wiring cable is long enough to attach to the suction to charge my GPS anot?

Yes, confirm mine car charger is spoiled cuz has already changed a new fuse.

So the setup tat u had done at Pinliang, still require the GPS car charger to attach to the car fuse box anot?

How much is the installation? And do i need to get any other parts for this type of setup?

Bro, just go to any ICE shop. It's a really simple job. An ICE shop who doesn't know how to do this is like a Math teacher who doesn't know what is 2+5.

Just remember to buy a male to female adaptor ($2 from SLS) so that they won't have to cut your original charging cable.

Installation costs should not exceed $50. I paid $25 for my 3rd installation.

Edited by Chickenbackside

No need to buy anything stuff. Jus go to Pinliang or any ICE shop, tell them u want to pernamently wire your GPS to the fuse box. For Pinlang, they use an off the shelf cig adaptor, hard wired via a fuse box to your car power outlets. I told them to expose the cig adaptor jus below the steering column (at the extreme right so that it is still hidden) so that I can unplug the charger in event I need to replace the fuse in the charger. Charge is a little high though, $48 including all parts. But I must say the workmanship is good, all done within 20 mins.

Hi, can let me know where did u do up urs?

Anyway, mine GPS car charger is already spoiled, so do i need to get a new one for this setup?

Edited by Holyavartar
↡ Advertisement