Euro 2008 : England Given A Lifeline By Israel

Picnic06-Biante15

What a kelong match this morning. Israel beat Russia 2-1. [shocked][shocked][shocked]

ESPN Soccernet Reported : "Israel 2-1 Russia: Golan gets England out of jail"

"England were thrown a Euro 2008 lifeline in Tel Aviv as Israel overcame Russia to leave Steve McClaren's men requiring just a draw against Croatia to qualify.

Dorel Golan's stoppage-time winner, just seconds after Dmitri Sychev had struck a post with a shot which looked destined to send England out, must have raised the roof not only off the Ramat Gan Stadium in Tel Aviv but the Grove Hotel in Watford, where McClaren was watching on, accompanied by his coaching staff.

McClaren must have been shredding his fingernails as, for 29 long minutes, Israel resisted their increasingly-desperate vistors after Diniyar Biyaletdinov had levelled Elianiv Barda's early effort.

Amazingly, the Russian's seemingly goalbound shot bounced off the outside of the Israeli post. And, as they poured forward looking for a winner, the visitors were caught with the perfect sucker punch as Golan scored the goal which could mean so much to McClaren."

Well, well, well what a surpise in football.. Congra to all those who bet on Israel to win. [smash][smash][smash]. ($6.70)

Now England needs only to draw against Croatia to go through. So now Euro 2008 is more exciting with England in it but they have still to over come Croatia this Wednesday.

[:p][:p][:p][:p]

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement

agreed [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Now it is up to Steve McClaren to do his homework. No Owen, no Roodney ......sigh [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

If England lost this Wed, it is him to be blamed. [laugh][laugh][laugh]. Given a lifeline and let see how he ease his pressure coming this Wed. [:p][:p][:p]

I noticed in the Austria match...Sol Campbell and Beckham was recalled?? [dizzy] think he v desperate now...Maybe Beckham freekick send them to Swiss again.... [laugh] I still feel Russia got chance...Hiddink famous to bring teams to finals one... [sweatdrop] see England will lose anot..hehe

Campbell too old & slow in his turnaround against a fast striker......., Beckham he himself out of favour in USA (over the hill liao).... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop].

Croatia strikers are fast and at most a draw at Wembly Stadium.

hahaha!!!

kelong match of the year! thank you israel! i win money... though not much but at least something [laugh][sweatdrop]

who cares england win or draw or lose next week. i win money can liao. f england.

England draw can liao...see head to head if same points i think...

most funny is Scotland..say wana kick Italy out when Italy are not in favourable position that time ..now kana kicked out by them instead...sometimes say things too over confident and early in the end make ownself paiseh nia [laugh]

didn't i say somehow, somewhere England will get through one?

Euro Cup without England would have substantial losses to bookies, FAs, sponsors, etc...

Read this (from soccernet) :

"Golan has been promised a #50,000 Mercedes by Manchester-based bookmaker Fred Done for his winner but the effort could be worth much more to the FA, given it means England do not have to beat Croatia, something which could have been very tough without so many key men."

See, even bookie also admit in giving any Israelis winning goal a car!

Anyway first time bought a Spool ticket and won the 6.6 odds.

Edited by Starry

Haha, totally agree bro. Everything in football is controlled by the big bookies la.. Everytime the world predicts england will win, they will lose and the bookies will laugh all the way to the bank.

Too bad la, yest i placed my bets too late, israel drop to 4++ for win..so nv win much.

The kelong factor is much more real than I had imagined.

The Russians are quite poor except for a few. That may have something to do with it. A draw would still have been something imaginable but not a defeat.

I feel for the Scots. They held the italians to a draw until injury time winner by Panucci. Actually the damage was done when they lost away to Georgia prior this. Somethin which shldn't have happened if they could beat the likes of France home and away. so wasted.

The injury time goal was like a give away goal from the Russian defender.

But the commentator also damn bias. Where was a time when the ball was rolling around the Israel goal and the commentator keep saying "clear it, clear it"! Suddenly the commentator became the coach.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement