Golf 1.4gt worth it ?

Verve

In my opinion, the price of GT will go up, as it has since the introduction in May07, from 100k to the lastest 107k i hear?

Golf 1.4GT selling at $98900 for this week.

from PI or agent?

It's from AD and not PI. The AD is selling $104K just before the last COE bidding. I was monitoring the prices for one of my friend as he is keen to book at $104K last week. But I told him to wait as COE may soften. Indeed, CAT A did drop around $2.5K but 1.4GT price drop to $98900 since last Thursday. But I guess this could be for limited period only.

Edited by Amazon777
↡ Advertisement

the type-r ride is nice... eyeing on it too [:)]

but with the super high petrol price now-a-days, i wonder if it drinks petrol like mad or not.

heard around 10-11km/l

currently ard 103,800 guaranteed coe

the manual launch for the type r may actually be quicker at the start. with DSG, im not sure how many dare to floor the throttle before engaging gear. with manual, u certainly can do that and kick in some wheelspin.

as for value, one really has to have the price and omv to get the depreciation. in any case, i keep forgetting GT is only DSG while type r is manual. so type r may ultimately not be suitable for some. some one mention a sleeper car. get the mazda 6 mps. personally at the gt price, seems like so many killer cars one can buy, but its really down to each preference.

Edited by Felipe

Neutral Newbie

DSG comes with launch control in both the GTI and the GT.............wink.gif

highly addictive, makes one feel like a young kid in those EG days......a very long time ago.

Can I ask u sth? How is th 1.4GT compared to the Golf GTi?

I only got to see it in BBC's Top Gear which Jeremy said the GTi is more fun and the GT is rubbish.

But For the same $$ I rather go for the UK Civic Type R. I prefer NA car.

ya same price as jdm ctr, but will get smoke badly! be it striaght or track.

Buying a sports car is not just for the "smoking" factor [;)] else, our roads will be full of wira-lution (Wira+evo engine) smokers that eat an wrx STI/Evo/JDM CTR for breakfast, lunch & dinner anytime [sly]

Edited by Rickster

Neutral Newbie

i saw a review of hothatches on youtube. the 207gti came with very bad results despite using the same engine as the new R56 Cooper-S. :(

Neutral Newbie

they had like 20 or so hot hatches and they did round by round knockout. the peugeuot didn't even survive the first round. it was up against the likes of the megane, astra, focus st, cooper-s, gti, etc. they did mention briefly about bad handling and how the car seems to be all over the road. :(

went for a test drive, was told this car easily moddable to 200 plus to 300 plus bhp but dunno if the dsg can handle the extra power.

and that the fc is around 11 km/l

the car drives reasonably well and i like the styling but the price - vw makes at least 30k profit from one car - cut throat.

any comments

Consider the Fiat Bravo 1.4T, it's only turbo charged, no SC. The latest Wheels magazine had it pitting against the Golf GT, $10k cheap, it makes more sense, the Bravo looks nice too.

Neutral Newbie
the type-r ride is nice... eyeing on it too [:)]

but with the super high petrol price now-a-days, i wonder if it drinks petrol like mad or not.

Bro, i am driving an integra type r... type r don't drink petrol...no worries.

I have check with alot of bro driving be it integra typr r or the new civic type r...

FC is around 10km - 11km per litre.

I am constantly getting 10pluskm per litre...

The fun thing of type r is... be it you rev it to redline all the time or drive like a turtle... the FC is the SAME!!! [thumbsup]

Fellow type r owner will know what i mean...it is that interesting....

went for a test drive, was told this car easily moddable to 200 plus to 300 plus bhp but dunno if the dsg can handle the extra power.

and that the fc is around 11 km/l

the car drives reasonably well and i like the styling but the price - vw makes at least 30k profit from one car - cut throat.

any comments

300 bhp from the 1.4TSI is a little over optimistic.

with the stock internals, the best u can hope for it around 220-230bhp max from the 1.4 block.

any more you will need some massive mods.

for this engine, due to the design...it not about putting in a larger turbo or supercharger.

its mainly how you program the ECU tuning and the adjustment of the changeover flap etc.

this engine is not easy to tune.

i guess its the nature of the engine, living on the high revs. most other cars rev more , drink more. but to my understanding, vtecs are high revving engines and the higher it revs, the better for the engine. so ironically, those who don't 'loot' but drive gently may see their FC increase!

anyway, tats y i give my vote to the type r hatch. the FC good, maintenance low, super reliable and looks great. if dun mind stick shift, its prb the one to get.

very good pricing....then your frd got book anot?

He put the 1.4GT on hold now after he saw a new Merc C200 that his neighbor bought. I did tell him that the C180 is a good choice and PI is selling at $129K with 2 yrs international warranty. Since budget already $100K, might as well pay a bit more for a Merc.

Edited by Amazon777
↡ Advertisement