Lasting tyre shine that does not splash off

Protege

Bros and sis,

I am looking for a good tyre shine that last and does not splash off to the car body. Any recommendations? Use to like the Meguiar's purple endurance range when my car was black. Now its silver and it splashes off the body.

I have one that shines well now but after heavy rain, bo liao!

So waiting for users of other brands to give feedback!

↡ Advertisement

Bro,

Try either of these 2, quite good and easy to use/maintain.

1) Turtle tyre foam spray

2) Johnson Kit tyre foam spray

Just spray on and let the foam do the work. Once done, you will see a shiny black tyre that can last you at least 1month if no rain.

If rain, can last 2-3weeks of shine. [thumbsup]

Thanks for the recommendation bro! Will check them out! Guess you are having a silver ride as well and therefore should understand my prob also!

Over application lah...

Apply a thin layer adding the gel a little at a time...

If you KS must whack a lot...then its best not to drive off immediately. Else it will splash onto your bodywork.

Yes,

You will sure be surprised by these products of how easy to use and how the shiny black lasts.

And I certainly don't see any splash on my car body...as once they dried up, they seems to be like stick on to the tyre like a clear coat. [thumbsup]

I typically dun apply a lot and I always leave overnight after application. I also kiasu. I typically apply all 4 tyres first and go another round with sponge to remove excess.

I guess my method must be wrong then.

I have used Armourall spray on foam before and they don't last. Thats why i am very surprise that when you mention that the 2 spray foam works so well. Among the 2, which is better?

Bro, for Turtle wax product, there are a few range leh. Which one are you referring to? Eg. Platinum, F21, normal, etc.

I will go and buy one to try out!

Edited by Protege

Yes, I tried Amourall initially, cannot make it...few days gone liao!

Then I switched to Johnson Kit as there was discount at Carrefour, like 2 cans for 10 bucks or something.

Used them and find quite good as the foam is much thicker, so the shiny can last longer.

3 weeks back, used up the Johnson kit and can't find them at Carrefour or any other stores, so tried Turtle. (Got it from Esso station, its called Turtle Tyre Spray Foam, only saw 1 type)

Initially sprayed on, was quite disappointed as the foam is quite thin, like spraying water. So I just sprayed and left it overnight.

Next day was utterly surprised by the shine!!! Very good and it last till today, after 3 weeks with so much rain recently. [thumbsup]

Edited by Silveratenza

Thanks for the detailed review. Guess I have to try Turtle out! I was also looking at the Meguair Hot Shine which has very good reviews as well as non splash off properties. Time to do some shopping today!