Money Changer

Green_carnation

Hi,

From what i see in the fx market, friday aud was lower than it was on friday and usually banks exchange rate is higher than the money changer unless you convert via the bank's fx dealer.But that is for larger amt. if it is for the purpose of holiday etc, the best is thru money changer.That money changer probably rip you off coz friday interbank aud is about 1.26 so plus the comm that they earn,should not be more than 1.275. Anyway you cannot get aud cash at banks, can only convert and send to Australia if you want to. Hope it helps.

Neutral Newbie
Yesterday i checked exchange rate for Aussie dollars was 1.266.. I needed to change AUD600 to pay some upfront the apartment i will be stayin when in perth.

So i went to this money changer at bedok central near the interchange.. the blardy indian man told me 1.31! i said but i juz bought a bankdraft a day before from posb at the rate of 1.2758 and was at 1.266 dat morning! The all the stupid reasons he mentioned about buy n sell different la dis la dat la.. i got no time to go to other money changers to check around for better rates.. so i juz changed there..

after dat i calculated the difference.. aud600 i used sgd786 to buy at the rate 1.31, when it shud hv been 762 at 1.27.. so i paid extra sgd24!

Two things i need to know..

1) are money changers rates always exchange at different rates from banks?

2) bros here have any 'more honest' money changers to recommend?

bro, just walked away lor..btw the indian money changer at city plaza (near to paya lebar mrt station) gives good rate too [thumbsup] i change usd in sept at very good rate..its the one next to the toto/4d shop..

Other than the goldsmith one, there's also one at the mei zheng xiang.

Also one at the popular toto shop. All very nearby to the carpark.

From experience, the goldsmith one always has the lousiest rate compare to the other 2 shops.

laugh.gif i was quite rushing for time.. so i juz parked behind shing shiong.. and went to the nearest which is the one behind kfc...

Neutral Newbie

Today i visited one of the money changer in Bedok Blk 20X.

I exchanged S$2K plus to Eruo, follow by another $20K of Japanese Yen(belong to my friend), convert  to Sing $, then to Euro. 

$20K Japanese Yen I suppose to get S$251.6 base on this indian money changer posted on line(similar rate compare to yesterday & some other money changer offer on line), but I was given S$240, asking me to top up s$2 to get Euro 160,  he still told me i was given 70 cents  discount.

I was not given any receipt in the first place until I request for it. I was given 2 receipts, one is the conversion of S2K plus, another one is the S$242.70 to Euro 160. There was no receipt of the Yen to Sing conversion. I only realized when I reached home. My friend told me the yen suppose to fetch me around S$251 base on this indian money changer posted on line. 

When I called back to the money changer & requested him for the receipt, he Whatapp me. When I asked how come there is such a difference for his offer rate & the actual rate, he asked me why I never show him his rate posted on line in the first place, then he offer me to take back S$8 from him at Bedok. I told him forget about it. S$10 can buy a business man honesty. To me $10 is a small matter, just don't like to be cheated if you trusted someone.

Advise to all, don't do multiple conversion at money changer. Always ask for receipts & check carefully before you leave. First time kana con by money changer. 

20191026_203638.jpg

↡ Advertisement