2nd hand Kia Carens

Followthelaw

Hi all Bros/Sis,

I just saw this Kia Carens 1.8A,reg in 2004.I was quoted last price of $36,000.7 years more to go.

I need all the advice what to look out for in this car,I planning to take the car for evaluation at Vicom.

Pls pls, I need all the advice I can get.

I appreciate all advices

Edited by Followthelaw
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The 1.8 model FC is really bad I hear is around 7 to 8 km/l while the 2.0 model is around 9 to 10 km/l. If possible get the 2.0 model it is a better engine with CVVT.

My friend is driving one for about 4 years now with the 1.8 model. He said that other than the high FC everything else is ok. Which he did not expect a Korean car to be problemic FREE. He used to drive Jap & Conti car before his current Caren.

Edited by Sam_wong_cm
  • Praise 1

get the stream better...36K for a 3yr old MPV is tempting but with the petrol price lately, u will pay back the savings esp if your job is outdoor.

• Praise 1

Of course the stream is better (engine, suspension, interior) if you are not on a tight budget. I would get the Porche Cayenne if I have the budget, so would anyone else.

It is strange that you are considering the carens and then bring up the stream. These 2 vehicles, althought both 7 seaters of the same size are miles apart in the depreciation department.

If you are primarily budget conscious, it is better to go for a car with a lower upfront payment and also lower overall ownership cost.

Ya I know, abit of weird,but the 1.8 caren is the worse in terms of FC.

There's this stream 2.0A gg at 49k,Registration Date: 02-Mar-2005.

Will b gg dwn to Automobile Megamart to catch a glimpse and cc look look

But I think stream is wiser,cause I always go JB to do servicing o car

If the stream is within your budget, by all means for for it.

I have encounter numerous comments from car owners regarding Korean makes, mostly negative.

The comments might be based on Korean makes of 20 years ago and most do not have the chance to try the newer models, 2000 up.

I can say that the Koreans make reliability cars probably exceeding some Japanese and continental makes like Mitsubishi.

Korean cars resale value will definitely suffer because of the mindset. That is also why you can get good bargains for Koreans cars in the resale market.

Ya correct.But think will settle for Jap models. Actually I not so interested in cars,s long s Jap,can seat 7,budget,affordable...........good enough

To me,investment top on the list.

You are a strange guy.

First post you asked for advice on Carens, clearly a Korean make.

Last post, "As long as it is a Jap". so what do you want? A Japanese car now? so Stream is affordable to you? Good enough? Buy it, what are you waiting for? Toto first price, sole winner so that you can get the Porche Cayenne?

How abt this model?Anything to watch out for?????????

Pls Pls, I need to hear,gg for 2nd hand car.

Honda Stream 2.0A

One of my friend is driving this model according to him the FC is about 430km to 450km for 60l which work out to about 7.5km/l. He has to pump petrol twice a week as he runs around with it. Montly Petrol cost is about $1000.

But then he is a little heavy footer .. the best he got for the 2.0 stream on NSH is about 11 km/l. While the 1.8 Caren best is about 10km/l on the NSH.

If you do not intend to keep the Caren or Steam for more than 3 years. I would say the Caren is a good buy at that price as you wouldn't lose much when you sell it later.

Hi All, i am new to this forum. i just got a 2nd kia carens(2.0 new model), a feb 07 car for the price of $52k. Have been driving for 2 weeks, quite like the car though it is a little heavy at the initial compared to jap cars

Have been driving Jap cars for the past 10 years. Decided to go for a change. Something that is more value for money because i think car is too expensive an item to maintain in singapore.

Neutral Newbie

hi all

pls advise due to budget constrain recently looking at kia carens 06 model at 30+k

can anyone advise on the plus and negative about the car.

need to confirm in 2 days times

tks -_--_--_-

How abt this model?Anything to watch out for?????????

Pls Pls, I need to hear,gg for 2nd hand car.

Honda Stream 2.0A

One of my friend is driving this model according to him the FC is about 430km to 450km for 60l which work out to about 7.5km/l. He has to pump petrol twice a week as he runs around with it. Montly Petrol cost is about $1000.

But then he is a little heavy footer .. the best he got for the 2.0 stream on NSH is about 11 km/l. While the 1.8 Caren best is about 10km/l on the NSH.

If you do not intend to keep the Caren or Steam for more than 3 years. I would say the Caren is a good buy at that price as you wouldn't lose much when you sell it later.

i know this is an old thread and post.

but the 2004 kia carens has a maximum fuel tank of 55litres.

• Praise 1

hi all

pls advise due to budget constrain recently looking at kia carens 06 model at 30+k

can anyone advise on the plus and negative about the car.

need to confirm in 2 days times

tks -_--_--_-

is it a 1.8 or 2.0 model?

i consider myself in a good position to advice u.

basically the fc is about 8.5km/litre.

hard driving is about 8.0litre.

normally u don't get below 8km/litre unless FULL aircon + max load.

car is reliable except for minor glitches like windscreen spray faulty etc.

basically, the FC is the main issue.

it ain't fantastic UNLESS u'r getting the 2.0 variant (which is slightly better cos of better power to weight ratio + CVVT)

Able to accept Ron92.

in NSH, maximum u can go is about 150km/hr and the car engine gets highly strained.

Edited by Friendstar
↡ Advertisement