Rottweilers Attack again

Jchuacl

oei, u dun everyday got nothin' beta to do make fun of my red TK hor [mad][mad][smash][smash]

[:p] been wondering what is ATK that is appearing in the posts (by the usual suspects) and your reply solved the mystery. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Should not be a cause of concern unless the circumstances does not indicate that the dog has

attacked you or you have retaliated with too much violence. For eg, like that Cat killer staying in Bedok south, that is some pervert to me.

Most of those dogs roaming freely are toy dogs, so it's ok.

not really related to this.

I do notice that some owners like to let their dogs run freely at void decks. hur.gif

Just a Tot: Given this scenario, if the dog were to attack me and out of self-defense, I accidentally causes severe injuries to the dog. Will I, in this case be charged under dog abuse? confused.gif

Neutral Newbie

I'd like to summarize my thoughts on this piece of news based on my life experience, not with rottweilers, but with some software projects and a certain group of subject matter "experts".

"Don't worry, nothing will go wrong. Don't worry, it will work. Don't worry it will be on time." As positive as I've tried to be, countless times, I am not impressed, I am not convinced, and I am dead-right. Or should I say, the project is dead and I was right.

[:|]

tot if the dog attacked more den 2 ppl mus put to slp rite? [confused][confused]

you can either ask the dog or read the paper.. I think if it have the tendency to attack human, then it will be put down..

IF I see rottweiler my 1st instince is to run far far. open people car door and hide inside jump into people house or even knee down and call police. sibei scare scare.

if u keep tat dog as shown on yr avatar (thou i remember it is not allowed), it is on equal footing w rottweiler.

i know cos i got a "kiss" fm a rottweiler before & my teacher pitt bull nearly ram me down after it spotted me playing with a rubber ball.

next time play your own balls.. why play with rubber ones when you have your own? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
I tink that family must be some elite that's why AVA allowed them to have 5 dogs whereas the rule is maximum 3 dogs per household. They attacked a Jack Russell Terrier this time. I really hope AVA do something this time, are they gonna wait until those dogs attacked a human being before something is done? [shakehead]

Always like that, have to wait until something serious happened then they will take some action.

I believe Rottweilers are aggressive by nature, correct me if I'm wrong.

The Police Dog Unit didn't have Rottweilers because they were cute and harmless. Some breeds of dog should be banned from being kept as pets. Rottweilers and pitbulls are two such breeds. I wonder why that family has to have up to 5 Rottweilers........ [shakehead][shakehead]

K9 unit do have rottweillers. they are so tamed... in fact its the owners' fault if they attack harmless people or animals. the owners must be very very alert. i have a small little shih tzu and i am always sure that he doen't go out without permission and a leash in the first place. if u own a big dog, i think its a responsibility to give them proper training and make sure they are tamed... i see a lot of German Sheperds very tamed and guai guai what.... its the owner... sigh.... [shakehead]

Edited by Vicz

so how?

put the maid to sleep since her fault not to close gate?

put owners to sleep becos neber train dogs?

put JST to sleep becos if not for it, tthe dogs wud not hv came out to gangbang it?

put TNP reporter to sleep becos if this not reported, everything wud b under carpet?

I tink that family must be some elite that's why AVA allowed them to have 5 dogs whereas the rule is maximum 3 dogs per household. They attacked a Jack Russell Terrier this time. I really hope AVA do something this time, are they gonna wait until those dogs attacked a human being before something is done? [shakehead]

Always like that, have to wait until something serious happened then they will take some action.

I believe Rottweilers are aggressive by nature, correct me if I'm wrong.

The Police Dog Unit didn't have Rottweilers because they were cute and harmless. Some breeds of dog should be banned from being kept as pets. Rottweilers and pitbulls are two such breeds. I wonder why that family has to have up to 5 Rottweilers........ [shakehead][shakehead]

My unit used to user rottweilers as attack dogs. The german shepards are only normal guard dogs, but roattweilers are horrivly fierce creatures. Alot more aggressive and will easily kill a german shepard in a one-to-one fight.

Turbocharged

Agree with what you have said.

Though I am not a dog owner, I do have some contact with my tuition teacher's dog when Iwas much younger.

It's never the dog/pet. Dogs can be easily trained if you are patient and persistent. It's always the human's fault for not training the dog to obey commands, for not closing the gate when he/she knows it has a tendency to bolt out etc.

If lions/tigers/grizzly bears can be trained, I can't see why dogs which have been domesticated for centuries, can't be.

Some, if not most dog owners in Singapore, are not fit to have dogs as companions/pets as they do not train their dogs at all.

Turbocharged

If can, put the owners to sleep. Else, the dogs should be sent to the police dept for further training and used for police work. These are a good breed of dogs. Thieves/burglars see will surely run.

Neutral Newbie

Must u put someone to sleep? is putting one party to sleep will solve the problem as a whole? putting somebody to sleep is not a holistic approach in solving a problem like that. if someone must sleep, why don't we all go and sleep instead of talking here?

Neutral Newbie

I fully agree. But of cos no need to put the owner to sleep lah, sleep already make sure they wake up lor. no need to make someone die lah, ayo!

Does this ring a bell?

------

ST_IMAGES_DOGA.jpg

OWNERS Japinder Singh (left), 30, and Karanveer Singh, 26, their five rottweilers Cleo, Rexy, Juliet, Popeye and Romeo are harmless. -- ST PHOTOS: EDWIN KOO

Aug 19, 2007

Rottweiler ROW

Family has five rottweilers; neighbour says they are a threat to other residents, but the family disagrees

A FAMILY'S five rottweilers are making their neighbour nervous.

The dogs, known for their aggressive nature, are a noisy nuisance and a threat to others in the neighbourhood, claimed Mr Foo Seck Siong, 66, who lives next door.

And why, he asked in The Straits Times Forum on Friday, was his neighbour allowed to have five dogs?

'I have to keep one eye on their gate when I am watering the plants outside, in case one of their dogs slips out. I fear for my safety,' the semi-retired businessman told The Sunday Times.

He tells his wife and grandchildren to stay indoors when he sees the dogs in his neighbour's 20m driveway.

But the dogs' owner is arguing that they are merely playful pets who stay within the grounds of their Lengkong Tiga bungalow in Kembangan. They are never let out.

To Madam Satpal Kaur, her parents, her three sons and daughters-in-law who live there, they are ultimately harmless.

'Right now they are only puppies, so they are like playful young children,' said the 51-year-old IT business owner.

Though they did occasionally slip out through the gate, a dog trainer's weekly 'obedience' classes have worked.

She has five dogs, when three is the maximum allowed by the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA), because her original pair produced four puppies.

Their 'father' died last August, leaving the 'mother' and her four pups, now about 15 months old.

Madam Satpal said she appealed to AVA to keep them all as some are handicapped, and putting them up for adoption will mean new owners may face high medical costs. She did not want to kill them either.

She got her approval.

Even so, rottweilers have often made news for attacking people and smaller dogs - in a 2005 Straits Times report, a rottweiler attacked its owner's seven-year-old son.

Madam Satpal admitted that the 'father' of her family of rottweilers once bit another terrier after the other dog 'snapped' at him. But the rest are no trouble, she said.

She said Mr Foo was mistaken about seeing her employee 'attacked' by the dogs last Sunday, an allegation he made in his Forum letter. 'The worker has known the dogs from young and often plays with them,' she explained, although it may have seemed otherwise to her neighbour on that day.

Mr Foo has lived in his house for 17 years, while Madam Satpal's family moved in seven years ago.

Yet neither has ever spoken directly about the dogs. Madam Satpal said she was too busy, and Mr Foo said 'there is just no chemistry between us'.

Other neighbours along the stretch of terrace and semi-detached houses are not as agitated as Mr Foo, as long as the dogs are safely locked up.

Still, in Singapore, they are required to be muzzled when in public.

Mr Koh Boon Cheng, a neighbour who owns a husky, pointed out: 'Rottweilers are very fierce and they have big mouths. They should wear a mouthpiece all the time.'

Even if they do not attack, their loud barking bothers nearby HDB residents, two of whom can hear them in the early morning, barking at people walking by.

Mr Foo has offered this solution, which Madam Satpal is considering: 'Build a manual gate in the middle of the driveway so the dogs won't accidentally run out.'

[thumbsdown]

I cannot imagine the consequences should all the 5 dogs bolt out from their house [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

From a dog owners standpoint of view, I don't blame the dogs at all for their actions.

I have 2 dogs, a red-white siberian husky and a doberman-x-german shepherd.

The red white husky is the ultimate playful dog and will let any kid mess around with it at all times. She's very playful and naughty to other dogs, often teasing them in a playful manner. Too much energy in her.

For my Dob-x-GS, he's the ultimate hum-chee guard dog that I've ever known in my life. Everyone who has seen him will first exclaim that he's SUPER FIERCE looking.

And he'd bark at you, but when you stop to think about it, his bark seems to have a huge " ? " attached to the end of it.

If he can't "scare" you away with his bark, his ears will go down. He'll then give you the most pathetic of looks on his face and retreat into a corner of his own.

I guess for my Dob-x-GS, he's never been brought up with others of his own breed and has no idea how to be a guard dog at all.

And all along, I've taught and trained them both to be submissive in their behaviours.

So for those 5 big dogs, I'd say that the owner probably didn't train them well enough not to run out of the gate at all.

↡ Advertisement