New Car Late Delivery....Yet Again

Gilahonda

Hi all.Need your inputs.The car that i had ordered in Aug is still delayed yet again.I signed in mid-Aug and was promised delivery in Nov.Just a few days back,the fella called to say delay again-this time around till late dec.How now?Car company said delay due to me wantin to change colour n shipment delay.Sequence of events as follows:

Early Aug-viewed & test drive->told immediate delivery

A week later-signed docs-told delivery in Nov

1-2 days later opt for a change of colour->no change in car delivery date-still nov

3rd week of nov-told about delay till end dec

spoke to the manager instead of the fella who sold me the car and she said she can't do anything coz the shipment is late n car not physically here yet.she offered another colour to wic i didn't want coz no point i waited all this while and at the end of it i till dun hav the colour of my choice.wat crap rite? [rifle]

if you guys were me,wat wud u do?seriously need your inputs and tots...many thanks! [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

Is the delivery date stated in black n white in ur sales contract?

If so, demand some compensation from them. Either cash or accessories, other den that there isn't much u can do sorry man... if really shipment delay den really not their fault.. but they still hold some responsibility so u can sak for a little compensation la [rolleyes]

nope it was not stated.my fault for not having it in black&white.newbie buying car.major blunder.regret.an sms was sent out to both parties for them to advise me the exact date of delivery in dec or else i wan compensation....but sms was not replied-ignored!tell me bout service.total crap!

just another 3 weeks more. why dun u pop down there regularly over the next 2 weeks to monitor the situation in a friendly manner.

being patience may help

eh... there's no end to work. work smart... learn to taji. learn also problem can b solved without having to intervene personally always. learn.. solving over the fone is faster then push mails.

just dig out 1/2 hr pop over say hello and sit down sip coffee and see their biz.

dun bang table.. watching personally may help you to see if they r in trouble or they r ok but just ur luck the car is stuck somewhere at port/ sea.

remember to keep space and face for both sides

dun believe those who ask you bang table. no point offending the company at this stage of your car buying process.everything can be discussed in an amicable way.

bro,its not PI....one of the biggest AD around,Cyc*e & C*rr*a*e.

need other fellow forumers input...any suggestion?

bro, you ordered what colour? lancer EX is it?

my friend ordered red EX also kena same thing. [sweatdrop]

Not speaking up for the car company but they are also faced with delivery problems and stuff... While some might be a screw up in their organising skills, there will be cases that it genuine. Speak to them calmly and seek to meet in the middle.

PS. You got your car from PI or authorised dealer?

Hi all.Need your inputs.The car that i had ordered in Aug is still delayed yet again.I signed in mid-Aug and was promised delivery in Nov.Just a few days back,the fella called to say delay again-this time around till late dec.How now?Car company said delay due to me wantin to change colour n shipment delay.Sequence of events as follows:

Early Aug-viewed & test drive->told immediate delivery

A week later-signed docs-told delivery in Nov

1-2 days later opt for a change of colour->no change in car delivery date-still nov

3rd week of nov-told about delay till end dec

spoke to the manager instead of the fella who sold me the car and she said she can't do anything coz the shipment is late n car not physically here yet.she offered another colour to wic i didn't want coz no point i waited all this while and at the end of it i till dun hav the colour of my choice.wat crap rite? [rifle]

if you guys were me,wat wud u do?seriously need your inputs and tots...many thanks! [gossip]

Lo u cannot beat me. My purchase agreement says delivery is "expected Q1 2008". NNB I am sucking my thumb [laugh]

The problem with PI is that when they took your deposit, they have no confirm shipping schedule yet. In fact imo, they don't even know if they can secure a car for you in Japan.

In addition, I would believe they practice conservative sale forecast to avoid over indenting stock, and besides, there are so many options and colours so it is almost impossible to keep a sufficient stock.

The chances of late delivery is almost certain, only a matter of long or short delays.

For those who don't like to wait, I think you should insist on buying from them only upon the fact that the PI has ready stock and make sure you get the chasis number clocked into your contract.

But then again, I still suffered a 4 months delay even when I had the chasis number written in the contract because the boss decided to sell the car to his friend. [dead]

Bang table also no use. Might as well be patient, sit down with them and find out what's the cause of the delay. If the reason is acceptable to you, then just wait. If die die not acceptable, then pay whatever forfeit there is, call off the purchase and move on.

bro,its not PI....one of the biggest AD around,Cyc*e & C*rr*a*e.

need other fellow forumers input...any suggestion?

ehhh... tot u honda siao?? the AD also selling HONDA meh [:p]

↡ Advertisement