Boots

Followthelaw

Neutral Newbie

BLACKHAWK tactical books from SHEARES.. they moving to Selegie very soon.

now still situated diagonally from Shaw Towers.

cheers!!

sorrrrry to dig up old thread (since i can't start new topic yet [:(] ), but anybody ever wore army boots for day treks/hike before? are they comfortable to wear or are boots sold in the market better? also are NCC boots same/similar as the army ones? thanks in advance!!

last time army boots..very solid

only complaint is that they are heavy

but once seasoned...good to wear

my current pair from my last time NS, still good.but tend to flood internally if kena water

Nowadays, the army boots at E mart, very comfy but they dont last....

tends to crack at the sole / ankle area..where the rubber just fell off

quality issue i guess

not glued properly or it dont reallly last

yes. new boots suck. its lighter but doesnt last and it doesnt the side doesnt wrinkle well...almost like wearing a roller blade boots all the time.

i prefer for the old one.

sorrrrry to dig up old thread (since i can't start new topic yet [:(] ), but anybody ever wore army boots for day treks/hike before? are they comfortable to wear or are boots sold in the market better? also are NCC boots same/similar as the army ones? thanks in advance!!

Winson,

NCC boots are the same.

You should have been issued either one of two types by log branch either leather or goretex.

Also, I have trekked in malaysia and indonesia and gone caving in boots. They are ok very good waterproof

Neutral Newbie

Dunno about tactical stuff cos I've never been to Army. There's the search and rescue type used by SCDF selling in Beach Rd Army Market. Steel toe cap and oil and acid resistant.

thanks for the reply. i wasn't from NCC and not been to NS yet so i've never worn a pair before, but looks like i'll be borrowing my friend's for overseas treks [cool]

Seems like the boots in army nowadays easy to 'open lips'

Very malu to fight war. I see so many poor reservist complain no boots during incamp!

Also...many recruit can Siam road march halfway??

The boots sole open up....then in the end wear running shoe??

Any recruit can comment?

thanks for the reply. i wasn't from NCC and not been to NS yet so i've never worn a pair before, but looks like i'll be borrowing my friend's for overseas treks [cool]

no problem have fun on your trip!

Spent a bit more and buy 'Lumbberjack' boots/shoe, they are make for hiking and climbing mountains/hills ...... [smash][smash]

↡ Advertisement