Sellers beware

Kyojin

Dear all,

I just had a very unpleasant experience with someone who contact me on MCF. I do not believe he's a MCFer per se as he doesn't have any posts. His nick is Gigi and his number is 96XX7752.

I urge other MCFers who are going to deal with him to have second thoughts.

My side of the story goes like this:

I place an ad on MCF classifieds which reads: "WTS: Broquet BoostMaster 20 - CHEAP!"

http://www.mycarforum.com/classifieds/classifieds.pl?id=8994

In the description, I repeat that it's a "BoostMaster 20". I also state the preferred dealing location/time.

[/color]

So this fellow dropped me a PM with his offer and number. I contacted him via SMS to say I'm agreeable to his offer. I asked if he wanted the fuel hoses, which I had to pay extra for. He replied yes.

Then he went on to demand that I deal to his preferred location, either at his home (Tampines) or his other place (Bt Panjang). He kept insisting that we should meet at these two locations. I tried to strike a compromise and say to meet somewhere in between but he kept saying "don't know where" or have to suit his convenience.

Finally, I told him that I was making a loss and he shouldn't take advantage of me. So we agreed to meet at Kallang McDonald's this evening.

When I met him, he took my item and said "This is BM what?"

Me: 20.

He: Not 30?

Me: No, it was advertised at 20. It's very clear.

He: Then how?

Me: You agreed to buy it from me.

He: Cannot lah. The Broquet website said lowest version they have is 30. I thought you typed wrongly!

Me: Then how? You ask me to come all the way and made me buy the hoses?

He: So? You made me come here after work.

WTF??

Firstly, I stated clearly on my ad that it's a BM20.

Secondly, we exchanged more than 20 SMS, not once did he ask/confirm the model

Thirdly, I compromised on the meeting point and he puts the blame on me.

This is utter irresponsibility and being unreasonable. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else here.

↡ Advertisement

a deal is a deal. if the person has no integrity to uphold a verbal contract, then might as well don't buy 2nd hand things, go buy 1st hand from shop better.

yes, there is BM20, prob 2-3 years old. meant for 1.4L and below.

his attitude sucks mainly. trying to squeeze every drop outta me then when it's his mistake he just acts blur and walks away.

and in Hokkien there's a saying "ai pee, ai chee, ai tua liap nee".

oso experience something like yours but not to that extend ...

won a pair of concert ticket and decided to let go, normal price is $100/pcs and i'm letting it go @ $180 neg.

got a few sms inquiry saying its ex and i ask what is their offer price ... they quote me $100~$120 for the 2 ticket [hur] i was thinking what is wrong with these ppl [shakehead] its a concert ticket and not some used stuff. they tot they are in some pasam malam and can bargain 50% discount huh? anyway, one of them apologise for his action after sending him wake up msg[laugh]

then got another joker, ask me the offer price and after i told him, he have the cheek to ask me if those are complimentary ticket. feel so sorry for his parent [shakehead]

end of the day, me and my wife enjoy the concert alto we are not his fan [laugh]

in the first place, I wouldn't even want to meet such people..

But then, it depends on how despo the seller is to get rid of his stuff..

anyway, it's just a bad transaction that happen all the time.. just suck it up and move on.

for once, I tot I'm in HWZ... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Get used to it. 2 people actually offered me $50-100 for a carbon fibre bonnet.

I rather trash it then sell to them. [:|]

Edited by Oyama

well, you did say it's neg.. so people can come out with any offer they wanted.

part and parcel of selling things.. bargaining have no linkage to their parents mar..

if you can't stand low price, then shd just put price as fixed...

For me, I will insist and state clearly in the ad that it will be:-

(1) Self-collection at my place,

(2) at a time which I am usually at home (e.g. after 8pm).

Selling things online may involve hassles as you have described.

The way to minimize such inconveniences would be to state the transacting condition to your favor.

Edited by Albeniz

well i treat all potential buyers as serious buyers. but really, the initial signs should have given me a hint of his farked attitude.

actually i was half expecting him to look at the item and say something like "the condition not good, can give me for $80 ka, brudder!" but guess i was only half way there.

I've been trading online since 1998 and I've had my fair share of good and bad deals. however, my point here is that we should avoid this time-wasting scum.

as i told another bro earlier, i was pissed at the point of time, but i realized that it's scums like him who make the rest of us look good. [sunny]

that's why when I deal, I prefer to do it at a place of convenience, best is for seller and buyer.. so that when deal don't work out, neither one will lose out much..

Guess your trading from 1998 to now still not that steady yet.. well, lesson learnt..

hope your next sale will be better [;)][grouphug]

(edited)

well, good thing it wasn't far from my work place, so not much lost. as i say, i'm just informing bros here to be careful of this dude. on ebay/yahoo there's feedback rating, but on MCF there isn't.

and bro, to be frank, i don't need your judgment. thank you.

Edited by Kyojin
↡ Advertisement