Cannot buy new car... so got to dress up old one... wat to do first?

Khimwoon

Neutral Newbie

sian half... damn loan still owe bank a lot... my new fit idea gone with the wind...

so now i left with my old sunny... 2.5 years old only actually... but wear and tear... the paint job quite bad laio...

so me got this few item in plan with part of my bonus money...

1. Respray whole car (paint cannot make it laio)

2. New ICE (replacing my old cannot make it ice)

3. Steel brake hose and brake upgrade (old one very spongy and pad also there)

Should i respray first or do up my ice first?

was thinking doing up all the thing that i wan first then putting respraying last... so the new paint will not suffer been scratched at the workshop at the later upgrade... ??

Any comment??

↡ Advertisement

well 1st u got to do ur sum.

if u keep spending, ur next new car will b further delay. so the next best thing is called hope.

buy 4D and hope.

buy toto and hope.

but if u save all the $$ to buy 4D and toto no nid to hope. confirm is cold hard cash.. temp ard 10degC.

1/ respray car.. why must?

2/ new ICE? is it necce?

3/ steel braided hose... dun think is a must. at least not a 2.5 yr old ride. when u last change brake fluid? a new fully bleed fluid will set u back under $50 and works charm.

I would install brake hose first, then spray then install ice.

Just my take.... And no need to show off you are going to have thick thick bonus hor..laugh.gif

How long do u intend to keep your sunny? If you plan to scrap it in the next 2-3 yrs, then no point spending the $$. As one bro suggested, keep the $$ for your next ride.

Turbocharged

Dun bother with it cos most prob you will itch again as soon as its done! Esp when you see the new FIT. Save up the money, endure a bit/while then go for the FIT.

If it were me, I'd just do up the ICE. But no custom work like fiberglass enclosures etc. Cos ICE is just about the only things that can be carried over to your new car anytime, so even if have to spend money, it's only on the installation. Stuff like bodykit, new paint job etc cannot be transferred, so once you spend the money on those, it dies with the current car.

Neutral Newbie

Your paint should not be that bad, just need some restoration and grooming. Go to some professional grooming centre for guarantteed result, rather than respray whole car.

sian half... damn loan still owe bank a lot... my new fit idea gone with the wind...

so now i left with my old sunny... 2.5 years old only actually... but wear and tear... the paint job quite bad laio...

so me got this few item in plan with part of my bonus money...

1. Respray whole car (paint cannot make it laio)

2. New ICE (replacing my old cannot make it ice)

3. Steel brake hose and brake upgrade (old one very spongy and pad also there)

Should i respray first or do up my ice first?

was thinking doing up all the thing that i wan first then putting respraying last... so the new paint will not suffer been scratched at the workshop at the later upgrade... ??

Any comment??

2.5 years only and paint work CMI liao?

u intend to change colour or just respray back same colour? if same colour, suggest u stretch your dollar n jus good regrooming will do the trick la... nod.gif

i will put ICE last... cool.gif

Neutral Newbie

Just my take.... And no need to show off you are going to have thick thick bonus hor..laugh.gif

hahah think most prob will be doing up my stock ice... transferable...

for the spray... cos my car kanna a lot of lorry door so there deep dent and scratches here and there...

brake think i leave it alone... since i'm still covered under TC warranty...

most prob this way the car will continue drive laio all the way before 5th year... then see can change or not...

none of the above [laugh][laugh][laugh]

do the following instead:

change suspension to super high type

change wheels to super big and potruding type

fix loud hailer and flood light on top

go and do a mud bath

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

confirm car of the year

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

just refresh the stock brakes will do.

save your bonus for the upcoming ERP , insurance and petrol hikes.

Edited by Slowmo

How bout starting with an operated muffler, 4-1 and a open pod/hi-flow drop in filter? [lipsrsealed]

Maybe u shd just change the pads first, 2.5yrs is not that old assuming that u don't go tracking..

Your sunny only 2.5 years old and now thinking of change ride ??? [sweatdrop]

The first three years change car sure loss alot one. The first few years actually paying interest only. [sweatdrop]

Maybe ride till before 5 years do a calculation then decide lor.

hahah think most prob will be doing up my stock ice... transferable...

for the spray... cos my car kanna a lot of lorry door so there deep dent and scratches here and there...

brake think i leave it alone... since i'm still covered under TC warranty...

most prob this way the car will continue drive laio all the way before 5th year... then see can change or not...

if u think ur brakes r spongy, take my advise, bleed the fluid. for just <$50.

why?

becos if u really reared any car, u hv to fork out at least $500 as excess to pay ur insurer.

good brakes and good tyres conditions r necce evil, whilst the rest of the things u mentioned r really forgettable.

Neutral Newbie

thanks all for the advise...

i'm skipping the spraying... so will be getting a good detailing soon... getting ready for the new year ahead...

brake wise i will be doing my ss brake hose plus bleeding to improve the feel...

ice i jus did my car today haha... enjoying my car once again...

next few year if can change car... the ice jus transfer over to new car...

↡ Advertisement