Ikea food area or rubbish landfill - what happened???

Madsumm

Hi all,

I've a few appalling experiences after having some food at Ikea Tampines.

Now everytime I go there, I can see heaps of rubbish on tables, uncleared plates, food on the floor, serviates flying around. Its like a pigsty!

I do remember going Ikea is a nice experience as everyone would clear their tables after they finish their food. This doesn't seems to happen now.

It got to a point that I'm truely disgusted by the behaviour of the customers patronizing the place:

1) only 1 poor pathetic cleaner trying to clear hundreds of never ending plates and dirt piles

2) customers complaining to this cleaner for not cleaning their table fast enough

3) best of all.. they see the rest not clearing their tables, they join in as well, leaving their filth for others to clean.

Just to let all of your know. Ikea's food area has a long running policy that the customers should clean up when they leave. Do your part, remind those beside your table that they need to clear when they leave.

Rgds

Edited by Madsumm
↡ Advertisement

in singapore must practise $$ deposit. only after returning the c0ckery, them refund back $10.

but heck, which joint dare to impose that to teach customers abt proper behavior.

LL lor.

i c u, u c me. look2 c2, all act blur.

What can many of the old ppl do if we all clear our own tray? Picking up empty cans at the rubbish bins? Let's not try to pretend it never happened.

I try to look at things in a different prospective. For information, I always make sure my tray is very nicely kept so clearing is simply.

Simply put, if you can help the cleaner by clearing the not-so-dirty table for yourself, it would be like clearing your own tray right?

However what was said about Singaporeans are true. Many Singaporeans are spoilt brats, eye or mouth power only.

problem is if people go clear their own table, then it will be against the policy of creating more jobs for the elderly.

[rolleyes]

I kena once real experience before at the food court. seeing that my table is quite near the collection trolley, I go clear my table before I leave. Then kena scolding by the auntie say if management see it, she will get into trouble. Oh well.

Edited by Starry

Dun give ideas to NTUC hor. I still see maids, aunties and uncles push the supermarket trolley home hor. What is $1 deposit compared to carrying all the heavy stuffs back.

Anyway, my wife last time tried to help the staff at Yoshinoya to clear our own tray. Down went the white bowl to the horror of the cleaning staff, damn paisey. Same thing happened when we visit MOS burger on their white plastic basket.

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] good for you!

i used to clear my tray when i was in SG and i used to receive weird stares.. here its just a way of life.. sort of paying it forward for the next person who will be occupying your table. [;)]

2) customers complaining to this cleaner for not cleaning their table fast enough

Halo!!!

I like this point!!!!

Was @ Ikea Tampines last Sunday.

This FT's family sit beside us, keep shouting for the cleaner to come clear their table.

I talk loudly to my kid.

"We must clear our own table when we dine here..... ok???

I speak in Chinesesly.gif

If everyone can clear their own trays and garbage, the operating cost of the establishment goes down, hopefully it will translate into lower food prices for us. But this being Singapore, fat hope I say.

I remember visiting this pizza joint in Australia, the food is nice, prices are low, yet there is not a single cleaner nor trash bin in the shop, but the place remains clean, cos everyone takes out their own trash after eating.

Civic-mindedness has a long way to go here. [smallcry]

in sg, everyone start cleaning their table, those auntie & uncle will only loss their job, and the boss of the place will laugh all the way to the bank, cheaper food? fat hope [laugh]

I agreed... i think tat if all singaporean clear their tables, those uncles n aunties will be jobless.

i dun clear my table, but i help to clear the table... [:)]

if we all clear our own tables, those aunties and uncles will not lose their jobs. cos they will still need someone to clear the rubbish bins, sweep/mop the floor, arrange/clean the tables and chairs, and so on.

↡ Advertisement