Ridiculous Insurance for EX drink driving offender

Xiao_bai77

This is crazy.....

Read this article on 5th Dec today newsapaer

TP and Insurance company is going to impose more pricey, difficult or revoke insurance (cannot own a car anymore) for ex-drink driving Offender..

I just feel that its unfair...

They are being punish by the law already yet the People is still driving them to their grave again.(Some ppl need car for living)

I thought government always say give the ex-convict a 2nd chance like the yellow ribbon project..

but say A doing B...

If a Cow dun drink water, how u push it head.The cow also wont drink..

Now TP giving back the offender a chance to get the license back but yet deter them to have a car.Might well dun give back the license anymore after being convited for drink-driving offence...

Its just like giving you a fishing rod and ask you to fish at the soccerfield for fish.

Ridiculous.....

How about those Speeding (No 1 killer on the road) ex-convict, Handphone driving ex-convict??To be more fair...

1) EX-Drink driver offender-Expensive premium, difficult to get insurance or revoke insurance (cannot owe a car anymore)

2) EX-Handphone driving offender-Expensive handphone, Expensive handphone premium or Revoke handphone (Cannot own a phone,only can own phonecard, park your car and call from coffeeshop,HDB void deck)

3) EX-Speeding driver-Expensive car price above 800CC, Expensive Servicing, Expensive sparepart..

↡ Advertisement

This is the reality of our society... Once you take a wrong step, you are branded for life... No amount of yellow ribbon, blue ribbon, red ribbon, green ribbon...etc can help you...

Yeah, I agree with you. Frankly, I find people speeding and driving recklessly more dangerous. These pea brains drivers just dun give a damn to other road users and putting other motorist at risk just because they want to show off or whatever. One speeding knock will sent the other car flying man.

At least drink drivers usually drive in the night so still safe in day. Sometimes slow too. But those who speed is anytime, be it day or night.

But whatever, drink driving is still wrong and the punishment is harsh.

Another case here, this is a public road and not a race track. On public roads there are working men, working women, babies, school Childrens, old folks, housewives etc so please take care.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Car_crashe...;guest=56182642

Edited by Renegade777

How about all those speeding (kill ppl also), Hit and Run(Kill ppl also), Chiong red light(Kill ppl also), dangerous driving(Kill ppl also), handphone driving (Kill ppl Also_, Road bully ???These are also dangerous act..

Why only deter drink driving alone??

..Kill the root of the problem. If not dun issue license to those offender again.Why issue already, still creating so much incovience for them.Maybe in another word,squeezing more $$$ as insurance company as they could.

i) TP act as angel giving license as another hope for the the EX-offender to see the light again

ii) Insurance act as devil to squeeze everthing as they could from the EX-offender to see the dark world again

Then stop selling alcohol in this country like some malaysia state

Like this trouble free for everyone..

Close down the entertainment..no fight, no drug,..fewer policeman needed..goven cut cost also...

Then how about those Ex-molester/Rapist/Rioting?

Being throw in the prison/kena 3 stroke canes..Still not enough for them as punishment?

Then being release out again.They are not dangerous?Or maybe should inject them with chemical/medicine for them to forbid them to use thier hand again to deter those from molesting or using thier hand to fight again?

To me ..I feel once the punishment given and the offender face them.They will learn from the mistake and tough punishment.They will tresure the license/the time they lost in this society and the pain they gain from the mistakes.

They should give a 2nd chance to go/live on with their life in our society..

Why always conderm the Ex-offender.

Does the ppl really exist in singapore so holy till really never do any illegal before?

Neutral Newbie

if you $$ to drink, you would have $$ to pay for the extra premiums.

You kena fine or charge for drinking driving.. people still will hire you.

" christoper ", " Benedict ", and many more... they still have their jobs.

The yellow ribbon project different, so therefore not the same. Ex con come of jail without jobs.

are u an ex-offender?

i know one ex-offender. he'll never offend again, cos his civic wrapped around a tree..

he was my uncle btw

i say up the penalty [sly]

are u innocent?

do u rather pay more as an "innocent" driver, or let those scum who drink and drive take a bigger share?

i prefer the latter [flowerface]

I feel that it should not imply to those Ex-offender who own a car and revoking thier insurance to apply for road Tax

Reason.

The price of a car in singapore is so expensive.Once own car. you would not want to have any offence to commit again to revoke the license.

For the ex-offender who own car. I believe they now more treasure thier license and car..

money will not only be loss paying the fine and you have to sell away the car (The $$$ loss)when you are being throw inside jail again(Jobless,how to support the monthly payment for the car when inside the jail?).

I belive the ex-offender will not only think twice..they will even think 3rd ,4th, 5th time before they drink and drive again.

For those who never receive punishment before..they do not know the pain..

So its unfair for the insurance company to react in this manner..

Its just another lame excuse..

How about those drunk taking bus,MRT,Taxi..

Does that mean that they have to pay extra premium fare so that incase they viomit in the transport then the company or taxi driver can use the extra premium fare collected for the month to wash the entire car?

Like this become if u fgot the $$ to drink, You have $$$ to pay for the extra fare.

Well, what makes you so sure that the other drivers that had their license revoked for traffic offences do not need to pay higher premium or have it easy in obtaining car insurance?

What I am saying is that it is all relative.

Whilst you may be sympathetic towards ex-drunk drivers and think it too harsh, victims of drunk drivers may think otherwise. It is easy to give the offenders a second chance. But who is going to give their victims the second chance???

I think it should be 2 or 3 strikes then you are out. Can't be one offence (unless that one offence leads to permanent regret) and they revoke license.

But I do prefer harsh penalty for drink driving.

For speeding, well even TP or NPP cars do that. So depends on how much above limit.

For handphone driving, that's nothing compared to drink driving. Former robs one of the alertness upon impending accident, latter robs one of all senses and judgement. sweatdrop.gif

↡ Advertisement