Ridiculous Insurance for EX drink driving offender

Xiao_bai77

Neutral Newbie

they do.. not the drunkard's ins as he has breach the term and conditions but your own ins when you do a OD claim.

↡ Advertisement

Higher premiums IS part of the punishment. [thumbsup]

Jail or fines are definitely insufficient deterents. [thumbsdown]

If someone does not want these punishment, don't drink and drive. Its so simple. [idea]

Does hitting another boy (Maybe will cause a life) , then everyone in the class who is caught litterring (cause a life,no), talking (cause a life,no), cheating (cause a life,no), having long fringe (cause a life,no) should also be caned.

its an ANALOGY of your posting content . Please read carefully.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, your ins co pay out $10K for your repairs and is unable recover the cost becos that bugger drink and drive. Who will they pass the cost incurred... it's to everyone of us.

To me..the situation is like this...

You drink 3 can of beer..drive home slowly, suay suay stop by TP road block..Blow and red light come out.

Kena arrest then u are offender then u are kena condem by public.

But for people who still keep on drinking till now at koptiam,pub,niteclub, restraut..how many dozen of beer/liquor humptum...like your friend/people around, drinking at pub ,still can drive home for dunno how many years, know the road to escape here and there away from road block...Heng heng never kena stop by TP then they are still innocent.

They still have not bear the name as drink driver...

Just my point of view...

Anyway, I just feel unfair for my friends who being caught before around me..

Those friends around who being caught before now really obey the law.

Now they will take taxi if they drink..wont touch a single drop of alcohol when driving.

Because they know the feeling and pain when license is loss and next time if caught again, they will be deal with double penalty.No point drink and drive..not worth it at all..Now they treasure the license and the car more than their galfriend and wife.

For for those around me, who never being caught before,how much advice given, they always will say, wont be so suay one lah.kena 4-D also not so heng.drink until like no tomorrow..always say 1st timer ONE YEAR revoke only mah..One thousand fine only..I think should give them this batch a jail term for the first time offence then they will know the seriousness...I believe there are most of this group of ppl like my friend existing with this thinking

I just feel that those changing to be better (Ex-offender)-get the pain again.

those changing to be worst (never being caught before)- escape with nothing,should give a mandatory jail term for the first time drink offence to wake them up.

Neutral Newbie

true la .. drink driving is not the way to go .. but i guess it should be up to the courts to do something .. not the insurance companies

argue one point at a time. there is law against drunk driving, and a seperate law for handphones. don't lump all together.

yes you are right , I agree with you that the current drunk driving law is a bit screwed up.

I think they should just take away everything, car, license and lifetime ban. When they are caught drunk driving especially hit + run cases.

Drink driving offenders usually get 2 years ban. If they can survive these 2 years without needing to drive a car, what so big deal if they allowed or not to drive after the 2 years ? Arguing the need to drive for a living is bullsh*t....

arguing the need to drive for living... [laugh]

if really need to drive for living, the person will never do stupid things like drinking and driving.

if garmen relax the laws for drink driving... then those people/families whose sole breadwinner kenna bang down by drunk drivers how? Going to compensate their family income and trauma for life isit?

This is crazy.....

Read this article on 5th Dec today newsapaer

TP and Insurance company is going to impose more pricey, difficult or revoke insurance (cannot own a car anymore) for ex-drink driving Offender..

I just feel that its unfair...

They are being punish by the law already yet the People is still driving them to their grave again.(Some ppl need car for living)

I thought government always say give the ex-convict a 2nd chance like the yellow ribbon project..

but say A doing B...

If a Cow dun drink water, how u push it head.The cow also wont drink..

Now TP giving back the offender a chance to get the license back but yet deter them to have a car.Might well dun give back the license anymore after being convited for drink-driving offence...

Its just like giving you a fishing rod and ask you to fish at the soccerfield for fish.

Ridiculous.....

How about those Speeding (No 1 killer on the road) ex-convict, Handphone driving ex-convict??To be more fair...

1) EX-Drink driver offender-Expensive premium, difficult to get insurance or revoke insurance (cannot owe a car anymore)

2) EX-Handphone driving offender-Expensive handphone, Expensive handphone premium or Revoke handphone (Cannot own a phone,only can own phonecard, park your car and call from coffeeshop,HDB void deck)

3) EX-Speeding driver-Expensive car price above 800CC, Expensive Servicing, Expensive sparepart..

I don't see why they should be even allowed back on the road at all. rifle.gifTake away their license and let them find other means to get around.

Next to paedophiles, drink drivers are the scum of the earth! Endangering so many people's lives is just not on!

Edited by Kenlinliu1419

If they killed someone when DUI for example someone's mother, the state will perform a deliberate head on collision of the offender's mother via robotic controlled car. This must be witnessed by the offender in all it's glory. If the offender's relative lives, he shall bear the full cost of the medical w/o subsidy. If he refuses, he will be charged with homicide.

Neutral Newbie

I empathize with the victims of drink drivers. However, this is complete nonsense. Why?

1. Insurance excludes liability for drink driving. So what does insurance have to do with penalizing ex-drink driving offenders? The only difference made would be making that extra hundreds from ex-offenders.

2. This is double jeopardy. Doesn't this ruling (if true) foretell a dark age of legal persecution?

Don't point finger at others.

Point it back to yourself. Get caught and KPKB?

Be a man, accept the consequences of your own actions and stop whining.

I feel that it should not imply to those Ex-offender who own a car and revoking thier insurance to apply for road Tax

Reason.

The price of a car in singapore is so expensive.Once own car. you would not want to have any offence to commit again to revoke the license.

For the ex-offender who own car. I believe they now more treasure thier license and car..

money will not only be loss paying the fine and you have to sell away the car (The $$$ loss)when you are being throw inside jail again(Jobless,how to support the monthly payment for the car when inside the jail?).

I belive the ex-offender will not only think twice..they will even think 3rd ,4th, 5th time before they drink and drive again.

For those who never receive punishment before..they do not know the pain..

So its unfair for the insurance company to react in this manner..

Its just another lame excuse..

dont be silly. insurance co is just another business. who e heck will want to issue isurance for an ex-drink driver offender to have wreck a brand new BMW and pay massive losses? no business will lugi one.

its called risk management.

I believe punishment/penalty holds a more valued effect as a deterent to fault. So higher insurance is part of the punishment, since the original fine and license revoke isn't working as well.

Spread the words and we have lesser first-offenders. Keep adding punishment and penalty. We eliminate 1 of the dangerous on the road, we are all safer by that little bit. It only take 1 good hit, to kill a man. So let there be no first hit.

That was what I wanted to say too. I think drink driving should get immediate license suspension for 5 years, then added on by other penalties depending on level of alcohol. Second-time offenders should get total ban from driving for life. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement