Ridiculous Insurance for EX drink driving offender

Xiao_bai77

are u innocent?

do u rather pay more as an "innocent" driver, or let those scum who drink and drive take a bigger share?

i prefer the latter [flowerface]

When I drive, I don't drink.

As a innocent driver, I will not want to share the increase in premium due to those drink driver.

Just to share some information with guys here, I visit germany quite often. In Germany, if you are drunk and caught 'Cycling', you will lose your driving licence.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Well people who have high accident claims has pay to more for premiums.. or would do you want your own premium to increase at the expense of others.

these companies would have factored in all these into their operating costs.. so they have cleaning crews... you don't see pubs and clubs charging customers who puke.. do you ?

You have a choice to drink and drive or not.. no one can force you.

i think it is pretty fair, given the extent of damages done by drink drivers.

come on... why sud innocent, law abiding drivers like me with 40% and more NCB subsidize some1 who is obviously a hazard to other road users?

How about those drunk taking bus,MRT,Taxi..

Does that mean that they have to pay extra premium fare so that incase they viomit in the transport then the company or taxi driver can use the extra premium fare collected for the month to wash the entire car?

Like this become if u fgot the $$ to drink, You have $$$ to pay for the extra fare.

so what u trying to tell us here? r u those hardcore drinker??

How about banning drink and drive people for LIFE.

When one is driving, we carry the heavy responsibility for the life of out passengers and other road users.

You have a choice.

these ex-drinking driving offenders can easily drive a car under spouse or friend's name.Does the TP/insurance co thought of that?Maybe the insurance won't cover the ex offender in events of accidents( even if they aint drinking).

However, I do support that as these drivers pose a hazard to other road users.Take for the pub boss case for example.An old lady was killed bvecause of him.

What i mean is insurance trying to squeeze out anything they could.

Like I say...

Dun ever issue license to those offence those dangerous act.

Kill the root of the problem.

Like this everyone happy..

What for come of of this uncessesaary stuff..

bann those cause danger to other for life..

i've read ur first posting again. misunderstanding on my part [blush]

however, i dun mind that certain group of user kena higher increase in premium.. of course, if the majority also kena increase then it's undesirable but insurance companies making a loss now according to reports [:p]

I agree that they should be paying much higher insurance premium than having the high premium spread across to the other law abiding drivers.

As for giving chances and not penalize them hard the first time, I think if the 1st time penalty is severe enough and people understand the consequence, they will not dare to break the law. Will you try to smuggle drugs into Singapore knowing that it is death penalty if you get caught?

So, if the drivers know they are going to be ban for life on driving if caught, they will not dare drive if they drink. With the current law, drink driving only involve suspension of license for 18 months and people will think this is nothing and therefore will easily tempted to try their luck.

From the tone of your arguments, are you under suspension?

Edited by Chimp

Like I say in my first posting...

Why only directly point only drink driving....

why not speeding kill ppl, reckless driving kill ppl at the bus-stop,Dangerous driving who ever kill ppl?

These ppl no need to be remorseful to the relative of the victim?

These ppl commited above act

Why not increse all mentioned premium/revoked the insurance also...

Now insurance company is worry the ex-offender of drink driving will repeat the offence..but how those speed,danger driving,use handphone?

Once u speed get caught, will u never speed again?

Once u beat red light,will u never beat red light again?

Once u use handphone get caught, u woill never use handphone again when driving?

Like what TP always mention

SPEEDING IS THE NUMBER 1 killer on the road?

Why not speeding also?

Like this will be more fair to those who is really so obedient when driving...

never speed before,never use handphone in vehicle before,never beat red light before ETC......

No offend..this is point of view only

Dude, u may be right that the system is getting very tough on drink driving...

But put urself in the shoes of the family who just lost their loved ones.

Not too long ago, there was one guy who was suspended for drink driving and still drove his friend's car and ended up causing the death of an old lady. (it was a fatal hit and run)

Oh did i mentioned that he was banned from driving for 10 yrs and given a short jail time?

Maybe i am not familiar with the law but what difference isit between manslaughter and a fatal hit and run while on suspension??

To the court of law, the given punishment is fair and just. But i just cant find the justification in it....

Neutral Newbie

My humble observation tells me that in S'pore everything works or rather reacts swifely to complains.

So if more complains = more changes.

And when more changes occur, someone somewhere sure not happy.

Just like ERP. You complain jam, they place the gantry.

You complain here jam they place here, you complain there they place there.

So please! For good of mankind (Singaporeans), please stop complaining !

The yellow ribbon project is not for drink driving offenders. [hur]

I think you should read the article closely.

The news article, according to ST, states that ridiculous insurance applies for repeated drink-driving offenders, NOT first-timer. I strongly believe that if you are given a chance and you still repeat the same offence, then too bad for you.

Like I say in my first posting...

Why only directly point only drink driving....

why not speeding kill ppl, reckless driving kill ppl at the bus-stop,Dangerous driving who ever kill ppl?

These ppl no need to be remorseful to the relative of the victim?

These ppl commited above act

Why not increse all mentioned premium/revoked the insurance also...

Actually yes, the premiums increase too. Didn't your insurance agent ask you have you ever been in an accident? Even if you are not speeding, you're driving slowly, you're not using the handphone but simply made some careless blunder and cause an accident, even a minor accident without any injury, once the claims comes in your premium will increase.

I don't know whether the insurance will penalise you if you are caught doing the other list of things you make out. BUT i do know and agree for sure, DRINK DRIVING IS A SERIOUS OFFENSE. Insurance premium SHOULD be raised for such offenders. From the point of view of the insurance biz, once bitten twice shy, they will raise the premiums to protect themselves if the EX offender repeats the offense. Anyways insurance actuarials always evaluate their premiums on a case by case basis. DO you actually have data to correlate your accusation that insurance premium did not increase for people CAUGHT speeding, caught using handphone, etc???

BTW Please dun drag other issues in because i feel like your're just hightlighting all possible traffic offenses and co-relating it to the drink driving so as to make drink driving penalties appear unjustified.

You sound like you are the victim of insurance premium increase because of EX drinking offense. Are you?

↡ Advertisement