• Maserati GranTurismo

Neutral Newbie
GT...

But I will not go for either if I'm going to spend that much. I will get a 997

997 not bad too although IMHO the R8 and GT look better physically [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
R8 anytime...more babe catcher, more attention seeker.....performance wise I think the R8 is better right after seeing so many videos and report on the test drive.

R8 only slightly better performance-wise I think [nod]

Edited by Milgram

hi milgram, just a personal preference, no offence to bros here supporting the R8, but for me, dont really like the look

-----as for GT, ah, now we are talking [cool] but its just the 911 shape that grew on me all along, i know im quite 'close-minded' because for this type of price (assuming i have the $) there are other options which may be designed more modern or beautiful, and even outperform the 911, but its just me and my fixation with the porker design, that long front hood, signature headlamp style, and the "turtle back" kind of hatch look, RR layout [thumbsup]

sorry OT, thread is about R8 vs GT, so for me, GT

Neutral Newbie

I haven't test drove the R8 yet but from what I can tell from people who own the S8 and S5 is that AUDI engineering is very reliable and extremely quick. I tried the TT and even with a 2 litre engine, it's an extremely quick car and delivers usable usuable torque even at very low rpm. I'm generally more bullish on the R8. Not to mention, it's hand made.

What I can say about the Maserati is that it's symbolic of everything Italian - good to look at, falls apart at the seams. The engineering is a piece of crap, especially now that their JV with Ferrari has ended. This is the first Maserati designed engine so it's a lucky draw. The finish is shoddy and pieces will fall out. I have a friend whose Maserati has been sent to the workshop 9 times in less than one year. The electronics are unreliable. The depreciation on Maserati's are legendary. Older Maserati's are know to catch fire. Not to mention, padded leather ceilings are totally obiang. Fiats and Alfa Romeos are in the same group, imo. Only the prancing horse and charging bull are worthy Italian makes.

Most car connoisseurs love the design of the exterior of the Maserati but would never think of touching it. At that price, you can get a much better car.

I choose M GT cos I can save 69k + it is 4 seater [laugh]

Audi R8 4.2 Quattro (A)

Latest SRP SGD 497,000

Engine Capacity 4199 cc

Engine Layout Vee

Cylinders 8

Valves 32

Max Power 420 Bhp / 6500 rpm

Max Torque 430 Nm / 4500 rpm

0-100 4.6 secs

Top Speed 299 km/h

Gears 6

Transmission Auto Tiptronic

Length 4431 mm

Height 1249 mm

Width 1904 mm

Wheelbase 2650 mm

Seating Capacity 2

Fuel Consumption Urban 20.8 litre/100km (4.8 km/litre)

Edited by Ncss

the Granturismo feels more subdued and refined, while the R8 feels very raw.

if i need a haul the family around, then the Maser.

if i do not need the extra two seats, then R8.

i saw this red maserati (with test drive plate) at Maxwell house two days ago (Tuesday).

A plump guy went for a test drive. He look like 1 of the guy from Car Buyer.

Last weekend I saw a red and a white Maserati Granturismo at Sentosa with test-drive plates, looks damn good in red [thumbsup] . I think the distributor was having some kind of test-drive event for the rich.

Edited by Count_dukulangsat

Neutral Newbie
These are two WOW rides boasting ponies in excess of 400bhp. If you had the cash to splash, which one would you go for?
maserati gran turismo

u are those that will buy " SIMILAC" milk powders because u keep seeing Zoe Tay on the adverts.

U shud know better than that to discern which is a better car than kena CONNED by adverts.

I am sooooooooooooo..........disapointed...cheng tng on u!!

R8 anytime...more babe catcher, more attention seeker.....performance wise I think the R8 is better right after seeing so many videos and report on the test drive.

Yes.I was there. Launch price was very very attractive...

btw, GT is a comfy 4 seater ( 2X2) and R8 is a pure 2 seater due mid engine V10.