2006-7 Subaru WRX vs the New 2008 WRX

Nikolaiski69

Wondering if I should spend extra cash on the new one or cash in on the old GD, we managed to get a day out with these two critters...sadly, the era of the WRX as you know it is over lah..sigh..

anyway, here's the whole thing...pictures, rants and text...

http://www.xxxxxxx.com/articles/article.p...pageid=1&view=1

Merry christmas, guys! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

stil love the 06 model.....WRX should stay as 4 door sedan to retain its legend...more boot space too in my opnion, but do more on the facelift like its counterpart 'the ebo'!

Turbocharged

Hi there,

There is a comparo btn these 2 cars in the latest issue of TORQUE magazine. Perhaps you might want to refer it for reference. Although do take reviews with a pinch of salt. Personally still prefer the Sedan shape

Neutral Newbie

[laugh] I think its purely personal preference in terms of Sedan vs Hatch, More Tiong vs Less tiong, less family vs more family oriented [laugh]

Other than that both car are almost the same. Some say the interior is a lot better in the new one but then again, people do not buy rex for its interior. Some even bought GD after the preview at the auto show for the 08 rex is out.

My 2 cents.

i also agree,

both are abv avg performer, but depend on which one move your heart

somehow my heart "moves" when i saw the new model, I immed go place order for the outgoing one, cos i was telling my self,

rob beg steal also must buy if not no more liao, then next time all the new rex yet to appeal to me

WRX 2008 same as the My 06/07 230 hp and 320 torque

My 06/07 WRX STI 280 hp and 392 torque

My 06/07 JDM auto rex 250 hp and 333 torque

My 08 S-GT 250 hp and 333 torque ?

JDM 2008 STI 300 hp and 422 torque ?

Correct me if i am wrong [sly]

Edited by Moonwalker

agree, when the pig nose just come out , abit ugly,

now the more i look the more i like hehe

glad i chiong the pignose before it is officially phased out

Yo..the coming STI will be having a good competition with EVO x for Mr. 08 Performance title. No make up, not so pretty outside but having good muscle inside. 300 hp 422 torque is no joke. [sweatdrop]

I tested all 4 cars i.e. old manual/auto and new manual/auto. Without going into details, there are differences between the new and the old, especially the auto version. The old one is generally better, especially the old wrx auto.

↡ Advertisement