Active sub that doesn't blent

Sphecldi

Neutral Newbie

hello. I'm a newbie to ICE and will like to get some valuable advices from you guys. Currently i hav changed the stock rear and components speakers to "rainbow" speakers and tweeters. I must say the clarity is amazing but it doesn't provide enough bass for live concert songs. So i added an active sub which is the 150W pioneer sub wif the wired controller placed under the driver's seat.

Here's my problems, 1) The bass doesn't seemed to blent with the speakers 2) The bass sound "wild" (exploding all over the place)

Any advice? [smallcry]

↡ Advertisement

Where did you put the active sub?

What settings are set for it?

But before all that, you shouldn't use component speakers for the rear...it's not a recommended practice to use comonents for rear and front together....

Neutral Newbie

Active sub has this problem, when played loud, it goes wild and doesn't blend in nicely, you'll hear the bass coming from the whole car. It can only be played at lower volumes to sound nicely blended. They're 8 inch anyway. If you want proper nice sounding bass that can be tuned to blend in nicely at high volume, get a 12 inch sub.

Anyway, try to find out what are the crossover frequencies of your components and active bass. They should be set near to each other, ie, if component is crossed at 63hz, active bass should be same or at 56hz.

if you want to get a passive sub, why put under seat? You'll still need an amp to drive it...where to put the amp then.

Most people who wan th space will get an active sub and put under seat...of course won't be as good as a passive sub with a proper box which will never fit under a seat :)

Neutral Newbie

Even shallow mount passive subs need about 6 to 7 inch of space for it's depth. If mounted below the seat, even if it fits, the sub cone will be so near your ass that it will suffocate. Turn up the bass and your ass will feel shiok [laugh]

Then again, like what spinworkx said, where to put the amp? Unless you are running passive, you can get a small powerful amp like the RF T600-4 or Alpine PDX-4150. Use 2ch to drive the components passive and 2ch to drive the shallow sub under the other seat.

If you need to install anything in the boot, then it defeats the whole purpose.

Edited by Dunno
↡ Advertisement