Taxi fare & charges in singapore

User12343

(edited)

Keymaster.png

ghostbust-209c1.gif

"'A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys.......

Edited by Mustank
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

and all the while, i thought this fella was the key master

The_Keymaker.jpg

Do you know who is the gatekeeper? :grin:

are_you_the_keymaster__by_ivy95-d7oqlyc.

rick-moranis-prime.png

So the standardisation is the portion that PTC must step in to approve...they hold the key...

no reason not to approve.

unless they dun see uber / grab as public transport

Turbocharged

Keymaster.png

ghostbust-209c1.gif

"'A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys.......

[laugh]  :a-good:  :a-fun:

• Praise 1

think Tokyo recently revised the taxi fare downwards.

Only in this sunny island, everything increase, never decrease....

Oooopsss.... only one thing deccrease....

Salary.

They did? o.o. Then again, we have to admit. like it or not, Tokyo is slightly cheaper than sunny singapore

(edited)

Here's the teriyaki sauce:

Base fare for Tokyo taxis lowered to ¥410

JIJI, KYODO

Hoping to drum up more business, including from overseas visitors and the elderly, base taxi fares were lowered Monday to ¥410 from ¥730 in central Tokyo and two suburban cities.

The new base fare is for the first 1.052 km, while the one it replaced covered the first 2 km. The new system applies to taxis operating in the 23 wards and the western Tokyo cities of Musashino and Mitaka.

According to the transport ministry, passengers traveling up to about 2 km will pay less under the new system, while those making trips of 6.5 km or farther will see higher costs.

After the first 1.052 km, passengers will be charged ¥80 for every 237 meters, a steeper per-meter rate than the previous ¥90 per 280 meters.

“Normally I travel by bus, but now that the fares have been lowered, it is easier for me to use a taxi when I’m tired,” said a 75-year-old woman who used a cab Monday to get to a hospital near JR Shinbashi Station.

On Monday morning, taxi operators distributed fliers explaining the new fares at about 20 taxi stands outside train stations in Tokyo.

The firms also replaced stickers on cab windows with a version featuring the new per-kilometer fare in English.

While the number of taxi users has plummeted by some 30 percent over the past 10 years, the fare revision is designed to boost the number of short-distance riders and erase the impression among the swelling ranks of international travelers that cab fares in Tokyo are prohibitively expensive, sources said.

In 2016, the number of visitors to Japan surged 21.8 percent from the previous year to about 24 million, a record high for the fourth straight year, according to the Japan National Tourism Organization. The government is hoping to boost that figure even further, to 40 million by 2020, when Tokyo will host the Summer Olympics.

If the number of taxi riders remains unchanged after the fare system revision, total revenue is forecast to remain the same, said Ichiro Kawanabe, chairman of taxi operator Nihon Kotsu Co. and the Tokyo Hire-Taxi Association.

Operators have also said they will work to improve the quality of their service to lure more customers, including short-distance riders.

The move comes after Nihon Kotsu applied for the fare revision last April and the transport ministry implemented trial runs in Tokyo in August and September.

The ministry concluded from the trial that cabs will attract more users per month on average under the lower base fare system.

The ministry said it will monitor the number of customers and make an evaluation of whether the new fares are appropriate.

PHOTOS

search.pngCLICK TO ENLARGE

n-taxi-b-20170131-200x200.jpg

They did? o.o. Then again, we have to admit. like it or not, Tokyo is slightly cheaper than sunny singapore

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

heng i only take cabs when ah gong sponsors or strictly for emergencies

other than that trains and buses work well for me

:D

Supersonic

heng i only take cabs when ah gong sponsors or strictly for emergencies

other than that trains and buses work well for me

:D

You no car meh?  [shocked]

Turbocharged

Later they introduce surge pricing for buses and MRT. [sweatdrop]

If that happens, there will be riots on the streets, from the financially oppressed people of the republic of singapore.

Later they introduce surge pricing for buses and MRT. [sweatdrop]

Or different price for sitting and standing passengers!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7