Insurance and Approved workshop

Falc

Received quotes that are approved WS and also free-to-go-any WS ones.

The cheapest approved WS quote is only like $100 cheaper than the cheapest go-any WS quote.

Excess for former is $300 less than latter. The rest of the clauses like flood coverage are sama sama.

So is it worthwhile to pick the approved WS quote? sweatdrop.gif

Anyone rues not picking the go-any WS scheme, despite higher premium?

↡ Advertisement

if ur mech is approved WS, let him go settle with insurance firm abt taking up the offer. for the price diff, they can settle easily 'internally', including any additional works not shown up in the assessment pix.

if use some1 u dunno one, he will just anyhow whack, salah dun care.

Can't really say that. Every risk can be quantify, nothing is priceless.

Flood yes. Falling trees not sure laugh.gif But don't think will claim for falling tree also lah.

Yes but yr NCD is definitely reduced when u make such claims.

I have heard of people insisting NCD to be protected when they make OD claims due to flood becos they claim rain not their fault!

Neutral Newbie

Some people think that they will not kena accident, then they comfortably go for those cheaper ones. For me, i'd always prefer any ws than those like NT** INC*ME type that bio style... its just logic, these ws have to bio therefore what corners they cut to undercut each other... guess no need to say more. [thumbsdown]

You are only 1/2 right ... NCD is No Claims discount but it does not matter whether it is OD or TP claim made against your policy.

Let me simplify:

1. If you claim OD, NCD is affected unless you are <20% liable

2. If you did not claim OD but TP claim your policy, your NCD is affected also unless you are <20% liable

3. If you did not claim OD and/or TP did not claim your policy, then NCD is not affected even though you may be making a claim against the other party ---- but please note that motor claims have a time period of 6 years... who can guarantee that the other party will not claim your policy?

NB: The person who will determine if you are liable or not is the claims officer. Not yourself.

There are many people who swear, use religion, use father-and-mother, etc... to try to prove they are telling the truth but all this does not work.

Edited by Sci10213

NB: The person who will determine if you are liable or not is the claims officer. Not yourself.

I think liability here means the insurer is going to or have risk of paying out with little chance of claiming back. As long as have a substantial risk of paying out, out goes your NCD. rifle.gif

Irregardless of protector, there will be extra loading next year if there's claim.

Now the question is whether the loading varies with having or not having protector?

Loading higher for having protector? laugh.gif