Steering wheel control for HU

Sfhuang

I am using a cheap Sony HU ... and have been checking out the forum regarding the steering wheel control (which doesn't work now). Hope bros can enlighten me.

Are the infra-red steering control interfaces only for Pioneer HUs? Or are there any universal ones that will work with my Sony HU?

Thanks in advance .. [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

Hi, sorry not mean to hijack this thread but since it's related topic; instead of starting a similar one [;)]

I'm looking for solution to wire my Toyota Altis' stock steering control to the new HU. Details is posted here:

http://sgsoundsystem.com/forum/showthread....49755#post49755

Quote again below....

Hi,

I just got a 2-din HU (China brand) but the installer don't know how to connect my Toyota Altis's steering control to it. The audio shop suggested that I get an IR oem module which cost a couple of hundred more if I want steering control :huh:

However, from the installation guide, it's obviously a "universal" steering control input and even quoted "Toyota series" in the text. Anyone know a really knowledgable installer or can offer some advice?

Here I've posted all the details...

There are three wires for steering control, as mentioned in the manual too.

steering1.jpg

steering.jpg

steering2.jpg

The above is the connector from my Altis' steering control. There are four wires. (The installer have not cut away the adaptor yet, but he did that for all other wires as can been seen in those male/female plugs)

So does anyone know if the above four wires will fit any of the three wires of my new HU?

Do I really need to buy those adaptor/converter/IR unit?? What a waste, seems like it's possible, but...

Any gurus here?

Edited by Prosumer

i brought in a universal infra red module for stock steering wheel audio control with learning function, but yet to find a ice shop who is confident to fix it, maybe someone here can recommend? if it works, it may solve issues as listed above

i brought in a universal infra red module for stock steering wheel audio control with learning function, but yet to find a ice shop who is confident to fix it, maybe someone here can recommend? if it works, it may solve issues as listed above