Mosquitoes in Car?

Ninafrost

Guys,

I know this is gonna sound crazy. But i think i have mosquitoes in my car. I suspect it might be because i parked near the open drain or sumtimes over it. How do i get rid of the mosquitoes beside fumigating the car interior with sheildtox( its gonna stink my entire car). Is there sumthing like the electric mosquito killer ? the kind we plug into the powerpoint of our house and leave it on.

Thanks

Nina

↡ Advertisement

It happened to me when I drove to Sentosa and parked beside the forested area outside the chalet. A mossie managed to sneaked in and what I did was just leave the car under the sun for one day and I believe the darn thing must have died of thirst or the heat.

But recently it has been raining, so I guess u just leave the air-con on full blast and that buggar sure kena freeze to death.

i always drive with air con on .... but full blast , i tell u before the mosquito die i will hypothermia first. Wats more the aircon located in the front and i;m the driver....

I tried baking under sun...dun seem to work...and these days not much sun ....

the anti moz patches are made from citronella. those you can get from the pharmacy.

there used to be those that is in a gel form like air freshener type sold in NTUC. but I don't use them anymore so not sure if they still have.

maybe try to air out your car in the afternoon sun... i'll try to do the same ... coz I really hate the damp smell in the car after a few days of rain...

sorry to sidetrack..but i got ANTS crawling over my dashboard n door panel..but i do not eat in my car or keep any sweets..anyone got the same problem? i even got ants crawling at the exterial of my car..which is very weird..any solutions anyone? any input would be very much appreciated. p.s i tried washing my car but everytime they appear after a few days..

question....but this is anti moz...but the moz is already hiding in my car.Does this citronella kill or keep away mozzies? Wat about those electric ones? thoese that really kill mozzies? Anyone ever tried installing in the car?

Yah the wet weather is nice. But silly me in a moment of convenience go park near the drain so i dun have to get wet. Pray for sunshine to bake my car! This is the only time i like my car without any solar film. hahah

Thanks

Nina

it doesnt kill mozzies, anything that kills something will be bad for human health also... [;)]

as for those bug zappers, i havent seen one for the car yet, probably it draws a lot of power to be practical.

Best bet is to bake the car in the sun for a while then open all doors and continue to bake.... gets rid of the excess humidity inside the car also. I hate it when it becomes too humid in the car, esp after having one too many wet umbrellas in the back of the car.

Neutral Newbie

Had this Ants problem many years ago. It was likely to be caused by an old man who pees between parked cars each morning around 6.30am.

One day, I confronted him in a friendly manner. He told me he can't hold his bladder. At where I'm staying (CCK), it can be quite difficult to find a coffee shop nearby to ease yourself.

About mosquitoes, I just open up all the windows and hope that fella will be blown out by the wind.

[:)]

↡ Advertisement